• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
deGrom going today, Cabrera back at SS (looks like he aged 20 years over the offseason if his movement in the field is any indication), Cespedes still out, and TJ Rivera in for Reyes.

Mets need this one with the Wheeler vs Scherzer matchup on deck. Wheeler is just another example of why the Mets should have built a "super bullpen" as he still lacks any kind of consistent command and is generally a 100 pitch 5 inning pitcher.

That's kind of embarrassing for Cincinnati. It's one thing to troll a team like Golden State or the Seahawks where success led to a huge increase in the fan base but the Cubs have been popular nationally for decades.

And beyond that, they've absolutely owned the Reds the last couple years and Cubs games in Cincinnati have been home games for them for years.

That's kind of embarrassing for Cincinnati. It's one thing to troll a team like Golden State or the Seahawks where success led to a huge increase in the fan base but the Cubs have been popular nationally for decades.

And beyond that, they've absolutely owned the Reds the last couple years and Cubs games in Cincinnati have been home games for them for years.

lol

You really think the Cubs haven't seen a huge increase in popularity because they're good now? That's happens to every team, to the Cubs even more so because of how long their drought was

It's gonna be 2027 and Cubs fans will still be thinking of themselves as the underdogs :lol

gamz

Eh. I think it's funny.

gamz

lol

You really think the Cubs haven't seen a huge increase in popularity because they're good now? That's happens to every team, to the Cubs even more so because of how long their drought was

It's gonna be 2027 and Cubs fans will still be thinking of themselves as the underdogs :lol

They've have a huge following because of the said losing streak, but also WGN. I went to Belize years ago and they had huge following on the Island because WGN was one of their first cable stations.

Caja 117

They've have a huge following because of the said losing streak, but also WGN. I went to Belize years ago and they had huge following on the Island because WGN was one of their first cable stations.

LOL, WGN was everywhere!!!, I remember growing up in the DR and having access to watch all the Cubs game, I liked more watching the White Sox and I hey became a favorite during the 90's.

Sanjuro

Cubs fans should have beaten up all the Reds fans once they saw that. I bet they were soo mad!

Tall4Life

Meh, the bandwagon cam is just a funny lighthearted thing, its not like the Cubs fans there were rioting because of it

if i was on it as a red sox fan I would laugh too

HjyhwMe.jpg

Mets game with pretty good seats. Unfortunately these suckers were being no hit by Gio "PED" Gonzalez until just recently.

BigAT

Chris Carter's home run/strikeout coinflip landed on the right side for once.

Pirates with some garbage defense this inning, I'll take it.

Brian MacPherson‏
@brianmacp

Following
More
To put it another way:
* Homers off Wright in 22 starts (last season) before his shoulder injury: 8
* Homers off Wright in his six starts since: 11

Time to ban the knuckleball from Major League Baseball

Chuck

Still without luck
If there's one thing I've learned from the beyond annoying 'break in the action' clips is that announcers have gotten so bad in the past decade, led by the terrible Michael Kay.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
If there's one thing I've learned from the beyond annoying 'break in the action' clips is that announcers have gotten so bad in the past decade, led by the terrible Michael Kay.
Yep.

We used to have Vin Scully doing World Series games. Now we get Joe Buck.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Why are umpires not enforcing the batter out of the box rule. Herrera takes forever between pitches.

rekameohs

Banned
Ran a 4 mile race today so I kinda sorta maybe had an excuse to pig out horrifically at the ballpark.

Funnel cake chicken sandwich: Good god, that was a caloric experience.... The funnel cake was actually pretty good! Other than that, this combo wasn't the best; there was a spicy cheddar on the chicken that was good, but they're honestly probably better separate.

Q6BIrL3h.jpg

Churro dog: this thing kicked ass! Lordy. I have had better churros before, but the churro / donut / ice cream combo killed it. Instant diabetes, but I. Do not. Care.

2CGvB1xh.jpg

As for the game, it's always fun to beat up on inferior competition, of course...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom