• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

I have created a new MLB league for those who want to play more games and in order to have a more dedicated userbase. There will be 8 teams, 24 games, 4 playoff teams, and no flex schedule (up for debate).

I only want dedicated people to join. The weeks are going to advance every 3 days at the latest. So if you know that you're going to be too busy, don't join the league.

This isn't a league created to rival the other MLB league. The sole purpose is to give more games to those who want them. It's a complimentary league to the other.

If you want to join here's the necessary info. The sooner we get 8 dedicated people the sooner the season can start.

League Name : GAF MLB Elite
Pass: maggs

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm in.

I'll join as the Stros as soon as you know who your 8 people are.

pheeniks said:
I'll join this league if the other one goes down...and that league is hard to get games going in..

Well, I plan on getting this league started in the next few days so you should join now if you want to get in. I don't plan on having the other league die out, this is just another league for people who want to play some more MLB games. Think of it like an NBA league (week by week, probably not flex)...

Any suggestions would be helpful and I'll need another mod...

Matrix said:
I'll join as the Stros as soon as you know who your 8 people are.

So far we have the 4 people who have signed up in this thread (including myself). We should be able to get another 4 people fairly easily... Also, I'm not against having 10 people if the interest is there.

Cloudy

Banned
If this is a dedicated league, let's go 50 gms or so. That way we'll be done before the other league :lol

PS: I'm in...

Cloudy said:
If this is a dedicated league, let's go 50 gms or so. That way we'll be done before the other league :lol

PS: I'm in...

The option goes from 32 games to 82 games which is pretty ridiculous :lol

If you guys wanted to play 32 games with 5 game playoff series that's cool. I'm going to make this a democracy; I'll be putting up a couple polls (flex/weekly schedule, scheduling issues, season/playoff length) once we get everyone signed up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
pheeniks said:
This could be my chance for redemption at 3 straight losses to you! Watch out!

:lol

Ive hardly played lately,so I played the cpu last night and it kicked my ass :lol :( Unless I devote myself to practice again,you could beat me.

Chris,ill sign up later tonight.

Dez said:
am i too late? i'm in

Nope, not too late. We've got 6 (7 including Pheeniks) now... I know that DCX would possibly be interested (not sure if he'd want to join or not), but he's without internet until Thursday I think...

Anyways, we just need one or two people, but if we can get 10 people that would be good too. Either way, I would expect that we'll be playing our first games within the next day or two. I'll have some polls up in about half an hour on the leauge site, so make sure your voice is heard :)

EDIT: I have two polls up right now. Here's the link.

EDIT EDIT: We've got 8 people now with Juan and Pheeniks joining. I think we have a really good group of guys so far... we'll play it by ear and see if 2 more people want to join. Otherwise, we should be set for takeoff tomorrow evening.

Apparently 2k is being stupid again and right now people only have the option of joining the league as Arizona. Even when I go to invite a user my only choice of teams is Arizona (the list of choices shows Arizona 25 times). Hopefully this is only a server issue/temporary and we'll be able to get everyone signed in soon...

Matrix

Yea I just tried to join as the Stros and it wouldnt let me :( Damn 2K servers.

Anyone want a practice game?

Matrix said:
Yea I just tried to join as the Stros and it wouldnt let me :( Damn 2K servers.

Anyone want a practice game?

I do. If you want to play me... :) (After all, I am a cheeser. Just check out the NBA thread :lol )

Matrix

Ok lets meet in the other leagues lobby.

Ill check the thread out after :lol

Cloudy

Banned
ChrisJames said:
Apparently 2k is being stupid again and right now people only have the option of joining the league as Arizona. Even when I go to invite a user my only choice of teams is Arizona (the list of choices shows Arizona 25 times). Hopefully this is only a server issue/temporary and we'll be able to get everyone signed in soon...

Invite them as Arizona and it'll let them pick whoever they want. It's a site glitch...

Matrix

nice glitch.

Chris,you coming?

Matrix said:

nice glitch.

Chris,you coming?

Yo. Sorry, let's meet in custom lobby. That's the only way that we'll be able to play without 10 HR's (league settings don't carry over to scrimmage games in the lobby).

Matrix

Matrix

GG Chris.

Wandy brought his magic pitching wand :eek: and Luke "Skywalker" Scott showed up.

GG Matrix.

What'd you think of those settings? I thought they were spot on, persnally... Plenty of hits and not too many HR's.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions in regards to gameplay sliders.

Also, if anyone wants to be a mod just let me know. Hell, we could all be mods for all I care :)

Matrix

Awesome settings,facing power house pitchers might be tuff but its rewarding.

Seems like every guy on your team throws 98+ :lol :(

Matrix said:
Awesome settings,facing power house pitchers might be tuff but its rewarding.

Seems like every guy on your team throws 98+ :lol :(

:lol It didn't just seem like it, they did. You faced Verlander through 7 then had Zumaya basically the rest of the game :D

Matrix

:(

Wandy was throwing like 91 tops :lol Good thing I was able to paint the corners well and get you with some key curveballs which were getting me doubleplays.

Want to play another? That was fun.

Also can we sign up yet using this Arizona glitch stuff? Or are you going to wait till tomorrow?

Matrix said:
:(

Wandy was throwing like 91 tops :lol Good thing I was able to paint the corners well and get you with some key curveballs which were getting me doubleplays.

Want to play another? That was fun.

Also can we sign up yet using this Arizona glitch stuff? Or are you going to wait till tomorrow?

Pheeniks and I were trying to get in a scrimmage, but we couldn't connect. Yeah, I'll play another with you.

Let me send out the invites first... I'll be in the lobby in 5-10.

edit: nm, you two play. I can play after if either of you want.

Matrix

DMczaf

crying_game.JPG

Matrix

Dm meet me in the custom lobby.

Matrix

Dm and I cant connect,want to play Chris?

:\

I sent out invitations to the remaining 3 people (Matrix, DM, Juan). It'll say your team is Arizona, but just join and see if you can switch teams like Konex said.

We'll see if this works...

Matrix said:
Dm and I cant connect,want to play Chris?

:\

Yeah, we can try. Pheeniks and I couldn't connect either. Maybe 2k's messed up right now...

Matrix

It's saying I have no league invitation :\

Oh well,im going to the custom lobby now.

Matrix

Ok :lol That was just absurd the amount of hrs you robbed me of with Maggs.

2 solo hrs and a 3 run blast that would have given me the lead.

Toooooo many hrs can be robbed in this game.

I got you on a sheff 2run hr with lee.

GG,but it really takes you out of the sim aspect...damn 2k!

Awesome game Matrix.

You must really hate Maggs. He seems to always rob you of (game-winning) home runs.

I sent you a bunch of invites on the league site so hopefully that works. I know that you have to do it through the site when I send invites out.

edit: I think we could take measures that would lower the frequency of robbed HR's. Something along the line of lowering fielder's speed or jumping ability...

Matrix

Maggs is on my death wish,atleast hes not killing me with his bat...yet.He's getting beaned atleast once the next time we play :D

He took 5 runs away from me! :(

yea outfield speed or something needs to be lowered.

Did you see that catch in center I made with Lane...no way he makes that in real life.

Matrix

Ok I joined as Arizona,now what? you switch me to the Stros?

Matrix said:
Ok I joined as Arizona,now what? you switch me to the Stros?

I think that's how it's supposed to work, but I can't figure out how to have you switch teams. It only gives me the option of dropping users. I'll keep trying to figure it out though... until Konex tells us how to do it :lol

Matrix

This is beyond stupid.

KONEX GET IN HERE!

Matrix said:

This is beyond stupid.

KONEX GET IN HERE!

I gave you mod power for now. You can try to figure it out and can try and get other people in the league if necessary. I have a busy day tomorrow (have class & work from 3-10), so you can give other people the admin. control if you want to help work on getting the league started (if that makes any sense).

I just don't want to hold up the league because I'm at work.

Matrix

I wont be around tomorrow till late night,nephew is coming over.

Ill try to figure it out right now,but im looking over it and so far I have no clue :lol

Matrix

LMAO I deleted myself from the league oops and cant get back in :lol

Matrix said:
LMAO I deleted myself from the league oops and cant get back in :lol

You scared me! I thought you actually deleted the league from existence and I'd have to make a new one! I just noticed you said deleted myself, I thought it said deleted the league upon my first reading of it:lol

I'll send you another invite.

Konex I'm going to make you an admin. You can hand it back in after this crisis :)lol ) is over if you don't want full-time admin. status. k thx :)

edit: so now you can join as the astros LMAO

Matrix

Ok that worked,dropped from the league and then decided to try joining from the website and it let me pick the stros and now im in :)

DMczaf said:
I need another invite

I sent you another invite, but you might be able to join with your team of choice now. Matrix and Juan were able to join with their teams, so it should work for you...

DMczaf said:
Still wont let me pick my team. And I still cant join on XBL.

:|

Try joining on the league website (if you haven't all ready). Sign in then go to leagues, join leagues and then type in the info. from the first post. Hopefully that works... I'm off to get some sleep.

Also, make sure that when you're searching for the leauge, to change the private setting from no to yes (it's a private league).

Top Bottom