• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, everyone's first 3 games are all set. We're going with 5 starting pitchers, right?

CJ, if you need help with the rest of the sked, lemme know. Looking at the poll, I think we'll be doing this:

- 3-gm series with every other team (27 games)
- That leaves 5 games. Maybe it'd be a big series with a "rival" at the end of the season?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dang it,have to face the Stankees again :lol

Konex I can play after the Rockets game is over.

Dez

Alright i'm back in Toronto and good to go. Cincinatti, you available tonight after 10 pm EST? Watching the Jay game right now.

Dez

BirdBomb said:
yeah im available whenever. hit me up on AIM or something. Konex if you're available i can go now.

We Canadians don't use AIM :p i'll post here around 10 and be in the lobby.

Thanks for getting the league started Konex.

I have some friends visiting this weekend, so I appreciate the help. I'll be able to start my series tomorrow and work on the league in the evening after I get out of work.

We'll need everyone's rotation (I all ready have some people's).

Dez

Roy-O + konex = 20 ks :O

I was on pace for about that many on Bird but the game quit in the 8th or so, and didn't report the result.

BirdBomb

Banned
wow this game is boring when people throw a curve ball and a fast ball all game. Your pitcher has 5 pitches, use them.

only 2 pitches used until the 9th with 2 outs left when a garbage sinker, followed by a HORRIBLE garbage cut FB was thrown, followed by that curve again.

Dez

BirdBomb said:
wow this game is boring when people throw a curve ball and a fast ball all game. Your pitcher has 5 pitches, use them.

only 2 pitches used until the 9th with 2 outs left when a garbage sinker, followed by a HORRIBLE garbage cut FB was thrown, followed by that curve again.

oh come on .. i agree i stick to the fastball curve combo with halladay..but i did mix in a few pitches throughout the game.. the last out the garbage was unintentional though, halladay was tired. and the last pitch was a change up, not a curve. anyway, i'll mix it up more if you like.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WTF why are we playing on All-star?

This game has too many hrs in it,feels like arcade baseball.

gg's Konex,but just way too many hrs.

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix we've always played on Allstar with adjusted sliders. I copied the exact settings from the other league. I've gone and turned down power a bit more though...

PS: Minute Maid park is a dump :lol

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Matrix we've always played on Allstar with adjusted sliders. I copied the exact settings from the other league. I've gone and turned down power a bit more though...

PS: Minute Maid park is a dump :lol

It is a dump,legit hits are robbed and the ball is a hr on f-ing pop flys.Its bad enough in real life,but its worse in the game.

Well it might have been turned down but all you and I were really doing was having a hr derby :lol Of course you won cause your lineup is stacked.

Shit I might have struck out 20 with Roy the first game but he gave up 3 or 4 hrs :\

Matrix

You had 14 hrs in 3 games and I had 6 :lol

20 hrs in 3 games,absurd anyway you look at it.

Dez

the way we play, with all strikes.. you can expect a lot of HRs. I think we have to tone down the outfielder speed a lot though

Matrix

Dez said:
the way we play, with all strikes.. you can expect a lot of HRs. I think we have to tone down the outfielder speed a lot though

Yea and Konex robbed me of soooo many hits,not really robbed cause they move so fast it just looks like a routine out.

Outfielder speed is way too fast and I Chris and I had talked about turning it down.

Matrix

Thats still too fast! :lol

Damon was floating around with wings out there,every damn hit that looked like it should have fallen in the gap was caught.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah it's 25 pts over the default but I just copied settings from the old league. I'll bump it down after bird and dez get done...

Dez

alright we're done. Those weren't very fun.. the super fast outfielders made it ridiculous..

About my pitching style.. I dunno, i totally changed my pitching style for the second and third games because of Bird's complaints. With AJ Burnett i barely used the fastball or knuckle curve, so i only had 4 ks. They're my two best pitches, I don't see the problem in using them most of the time. A crappy slider is too easy to hit in this game. It's Halladay man, you're gonna K. Even in real life, he is basically a fastball curve pitcher. He just uses his cutter and sinker in addition to the four seamer. I probably could have gotten the same results using the other two fastballs. But his changeup is crappy, so I'm not gonna use it.

BirdBomb

Banned
If anyone is interested, im shipping off Bronson Arroyo.

wait, are trades even on?

If we're allowed to do our 2nd series, im ready to lose whenever u buy some KY konex

Matrix

Well the first games of the season have already been fed cause of the OF speed :lol Awesome!

BirdBomb

Banned
i never said there's something wrong with using them most of the time. But in our game it was rediculous. It was the fastball, curve ball, fast ball, curve ball. The difference in speeds is almost cheese like, it's so stupid. what as it? 19 Ks? that should tell you something right there. But that's just my opinion. Gosh why did i pick this darned team.

Dez

BirdBomb said:
im sure i had 5-6 extra base hits if it weren't for OF speed. I know Coninne got robbed on 2 hits bc of that

Yeah it was ridiculous.. probably on both sides though. Griffey was flying in center.. though not as fast as Wells :lol. The only way to score in these first few games was through the HR. Anyway, Konex, fix it. I'd say turn down the outfield speed to around 40-45, and turn down the power somewhat. Are you doing the schedule? Want to play our series?

Cloudy

Banned
Ok guys, I have 3 series done. We can't play further than that for now. Check your skeds and make sure they look alright.

The objective is to play every other team in the league 3 times for the first 27 games with a somewhat equal balance of H/A games. I dunno what CJ wants to do with the last 5 games yet..

PS: I also fixed the OF speed

Matrix

Whats the speed set at?

DM "wildthing" czaf when you want to play?

Cloudy

Banned
OF speed is 40 and IF speed is 50

The 75 was for OF speed burst. I bumped that down. I think it should be fine now...

PS: DM seems to be playing his series with Juan

Matrix

Too bad we cant play a practice game with those settings or can we?

Im bored and want to play some more.

Dez

Matrix said:
Too bad we cant play a practice game with those settings or can we?

Im bored and want to play some more.

I'll play.. we can do a custom game with these sliders if you want. Third starters :p

DCX

DCX
Chris i can play tonight after 11pm est.

Here's my rotation:

- Tom Glavine
- Orlando Hernandez
- John Maine
- Oliver Perez
- Mike Pelfrey

DCX

Matrix

You hit a hr with your pitcher Konex? :lol

Top Bottom