• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
And you couldnt play against me online....SELL YOUR GAME,ITS ALL OVER!

Wellington said:
Zep was going to make another league, I thought.

Not that I'm aware of... This league isn't going to invalidate the other leauge, we just thought the other league was going too slow. I still plan on finishing all my games in the other league as well as this one.

We have everybody joined in the league now. I can generate the schedule and we can start playing as soon as it's clear how many games we're going to play and if we're going to have a flex schedule.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/polls?p=360&l=122759

That's the link to both polls, please make sure to vote.

OK. The schedule has been generated and I've got everyone's first 3 series done.

You can start playing your games as of now. Good luck!

I'm going to go ahead and use the modified flex schedule for now. I'll put up 3 sets of series at a time, and you can play any of those 3 series.

Matrix, Dez, and Birdbomb you're my first 3 series if any of you want to play tonight...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chris,im around now if you want to play.

Matrix

Ok just post in here.

Just finished a really good game with BirdBomb. He was down 3-1 in the 8th, but managed to comeback and win 4-3.

I'm ready to play if you are Matrix.

edit: one more thing. Make sure you follow your pitching rotations. I'll need everyone's rotations.

Matrix

Yea I am,Roy O time!

roy
jennings
woody
wandy
sampson

Willis
Johnson
Sanchez
Olsen
Nolasco

I draw Oakland, Seattle, and Astros first three...who wants to be the first to lose!?

Matrix

GG Chris,great game till the 8 run 8th :eek:

You have injuries off,right? I dont want to have to worry about Roy being dead after that game.

Matrix

Yea we need them off,we had to turn them off in the other league cause it was messed up.

Matrix said:
Yea we need them off,we had to turn them off in the other league cause it was messed up.

I don't like you talkin' back to me! Technical foul!

What, you wanna fight, me? You're ejected!!!

injuries am off

Matrix

:lol thanks

Btw Mags is going down next game,bean to the head :D

DCX

DCX
So i take it the other league died and this is the new hotness and, as a punnishment to moving and not having internet access, this league is up and running and in no need of easy wins ( me ). Sucks, let me know if something changes.

DCX

DCX said:
So i take it the other league died and this is the new hotness and, as a punnishment to moving and not having internet access, this league is up and running and in no need of easy wins ( me ). Sucks, let me know if something changes.

DCX

Well, we've only played 2 games, both of which were games I played. I don't mind restarting (I don't know about everyone else), but we would need to get another person to make 10. If we can get another reliable person and nobody minds the reset then we can do that...

Also, I won't be around until late tonight, so I've made a lot of you mods in case you find the 10th person today.

Dez

My rotation:

1. Roy Halladay
2. AJ Burnett
3. Gustavo Chacin
4. Tomo Okha
5. Josh Towers

God my team got totally downgraded. No more Brandon League, no Adam Lind, no John Thomson :(

I will be good to go on Sunday, moving back to Toronto. After that, I won't be busy for a while :lol

Bluemax and DCX are going to be our two "new guys".

Bluemax you have to understand that this league is going to go at a much faster pace than the other league, so don't join if you're not going to have time to play.

Also, if we can get one more person (in addition to Ando) then we can have a 12 man league. So... if someone volunteers to join before we create the new league then we'll have 12.

Also also, I'll make sure that the league starts tonight (schedule generated and first 3 series set), because I know I will want to get in a game tonight :) So make sure you join up ASAP.

OK the new leauge has been created.

Name : GAF MLB Elite

Password : Maggs

I think it works best if you join using the 2k site. Also, when searching for the league make sure you check the box for "private" (it's a private league).

Let's get everyone signed up and we'll get this mother underway.

JuanMR2

ChrisJames said:
Bluemax and DCX are going to be our two "new guys".

Bluemax you have to understand that this league is going to go at a much faster pace than the other league, so don't join if you're not going to have time to play.

Also, if we can get one more person (in addition to Ando) then we can have a 12 man league. So... if someone volunteers to join before we create the new league then we'll have 12.

Also also, I'll make sure that the league starts tonight (schedule generated and first 3 series set), because I know I will want to get in a game tonight :) So make sure you join up ASAP.

Didn't Ando bail out of the basketball league leaving every high and dry even after you offered to replay the game? Thought that was kinda shady, even after everyone pleeded for him to stay in the league he still quit.

Andokuky

Banned
JuanMR2 said:
Didn't Ando bail out of the basketball league leaving every high and dry even after you offered to replay the game? Thought that was kinda shady, even after everyone pleeded for him to stay in the league he still quit.

:lol

What does that have to do with the MLB league? If people don't want me in then cool, no big deal, but quitting one league because I don't agree with the complete lack of rules has nothing to do with the MLB league.

JuanMR2 said:

Yeah, he did and I've taken that into consideration. I have chosen Bluemax over him, but will let him play if we can get 12. He seems pretty reliable when it comes to MLB, but if he were to "act like a high school girl again" as someone has said to me before, I would kick him out faster than you can say "high".

Andokuky said:
:lol
What does that have to do with the MLB league? If people don't want me in then cool, no big deal, but quitting one league because I don't agree with the complete lack of rules has nothing to do with the MLB league.

I hope you understand that quitting the league like that will affect your reputation and trustworthiness in the online forum. Don't be surprised if you don't find yourself in the NBA 2k8 league...

If you would have quit with some sort of dignity or respect for people in the league, then it would be understandable. I offered a rematch, even playing the sort of defense you think I should, but you walked away and now we have 1/5th of our members gone.

And no, it's not really that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things...

DCX

DCX
I'm in. I haven't played in a like a week so if i was bad before, oh boy i can imagine now lol.

DCX

Andokuky

Banned
ChrisJames said:
I hope you understand that quitting the league like that will affect your reputation and trustworthiness in the online forum. Don't be surprised if you don't find yourself in the NBA 2k8 league...

If you would have quit with some sort of dignity or respect for people in the league, then it would be understandable. I offered a rematch, even playing the sort of defense you think I should, but you walked away and now we have 1/5th of our members gone.

And no, it's not really that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things...

How exactly am I supposed to quit with "dignity and respect for people in the league" :lol Maybe you should play the game with respect for people in the league instead of playing it like a pickup lobby game. It isn't my fault the league was created with zero rules. I don't care for a rematch because down the line something stupid was just going to happen again because there's nothing stopping anyone. The lack of rules was a bigger factor than a whopping 1 point loss that made me 4-1. I've been in many leagues here and that's the only one I quit but if you wanna hold a grudge then like I said, cool, no big deal. It does suck that I will miss out on another NBA league though.[/sarcasm]

GL with the league, hope it doesn't die like the other one seems to have.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Andokuky said:
How exactly am I supposed to quit with "dignity and respect for people in the league" :lol Maybe you should play the game with respect for people in the league instead of playing it like a pickup lobby game. It isn't my fault the league was created with zero rules. I don't care for a rematch because down the line something stupid was just going to happen again because there's nothing stopping anyone. The lack of rules was a bigger factor than a whopping 1 point loss that made me 4-1. I've been in many leagues here and that's the only one I quit but if you wanna hold a grudge then like I said, cool, no big deal. It does suck that I will miss out on another NBA league though.[/sarcasm]

We did have rules...95% of the players were from previous NBA2K seasons so we didn't feel the need to go over everything again.

and as far as MLB leagues go, they always die out unless I play in them. ALWAYS

see MLB2K5

Jobber, you should join...

Another thing. I won't be around tonight, because I'm going to the Tigers-White Sox game. :D

I'm giving admin. control to everyone in the league all ready, so you guys can generate the schedule if you want (once Bluemax and someone else join (I forget who else hasn't joined)).

If you do join Jobber then we'll need to change it to 12 players and let Ando join.

And yeah Ando, the "dignity and respect" line was probably overdoing it, but still you are over exaggerating the situation majorly. I've been in 4 GAF NBA leagues this year, so it's not like I just joined out of the blue and I'm some cheeser. So grow up.

Andokuky

Banned
ChrisJames said:
And yeah Ando, the "dignity and respect" line was probably overdoing it, but still you are over exaggerating the situation majorly. I've been in 4 GAF NBA leagues this year, so it's not like I just joined out of the blue and I'm some cheeser. So grow up.

LOL @ "grow up". As far as I was concerned it was squashed in the NBA thread, where it belonged. Maybe I should discuss it with grown up, adult talk... like "high school girl" :lol

Andokuky said:
LOL @ "grow up". As far as I was concerned it was squashed in the NBA thread, where it belonged. Maybe I should discuss it with grown up, adult talk... like "high school girl" :lol

I'm glad you find that funny. It's good that you can find humor in yourself, because that's exactly what you acted like. This shit belongs in the NBA thread, but **** it.

Jobber, it's okay you can't join. I'll make sure the league doesn't die. I won't let it happen!

Andokuky

Banned
ChrisJames said:
I'm glad you find that funny. It's good that you can find humor in yourself, because that's exactly what you acted like. This shit belongs in the NBA thread, but **** it.

Of course I find it funny. Welcome to GAF leagues. If griping about cheese makes one a high school girl then everyone here is a high school girl. Again, gl with the league. I don't want to keep posting about this, especially here, but if you wanna continue to drag it out then go ahead.

bluemax

Banned
I'll join when I get home tonight. I'm almost done with classes (one more week I think then finals) and my last big project is due this weekend so I'll have plenty of free time coming up.

Plus I tried even with my full up schedule to get all my games in in the other league. But my opponents were never available or never willing to play when I IMed them. If possible I'd like my schedule to be mostly against other West Coast players or people in Central and Eastern who don't mind playing in the evenings. I always seem to get the people who work nights and not days.

BirdBomb

Banned
If i remember correctly, Bluemax bailed out of the Madden league after i char-broiled him with a last-second TD, but he's still in the league? i dunno, just 2 cents i guess.

Andokuky said:

Just because you lose a certain way one game doesn't mean you can leave everyone hanging. That right there is bullshit. you quit after some pleading from us all, and yes, I do think you went out the dramatic "high school girl" way. Good for you.

Andokuky

Banned
pheeniks said:
Just because you lose a certain way one game doesn't mean you can leave everyone hanging. That right there is bullshit. you quit after some pleading from us all, and yes, I do think you went out the dramatic "high school girl" way. Good for you.

I quit about a minute after the game, before anyone else said anything. Plus I think Detroit was already dropped anyway. 1 more non-user team won't make any difference. I tried to get Bird to take them over but he doesn't want to play the game. Personally I believe if it was that big of a deal people could recruit for a new Detroit owner and a new Mavs owner but no one seems to give a crap enough to but that sure doesn't stop people from over reacting to me dropping out. I hope kememsi or whatever her name is gets this type of flak when she spots in a league thread from now on :lol I doubt it though. I don't really give a crap if anyone thinks I acted like a "high school girl", whatever the **** that means anyway. Personally I think a lot of you are taking it a bit too seriously.

Cloudy

Banned
Can we end this pettiness already? Ando's been good for his MLB games so I don't see a problem.

Dude, go join so we can start the league :)

Dez

Just a question: Have you modified any of the sliders? The game on default sliders is pretty bad. I suggest going with the ones that we used / are using in the other league.

Dez said:
Just a question: Have you modified any of the sliders? The game on default sliders is pretty bad. I suggest going with the ones that we used / are using in the other league.

Yeah, I'm not going to leave the default sliders, that would be really bad. The sliders will be very similar to the other league's sliders, with the outfielder's speed turned down just a notch

We have 9 people signed up, just waiting for one more to join...

Top Bottom