• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
for me I didn't even know he was a Dodger, as far as I knew he was a career long met lol.

to be fair the late 90s is when I started paying attention to baseball as a whole instead of just the white sox, and even then I never paid much attention to the NL until the last few years :p

He is a dodger to me. Fuck him!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Feels like a good deal. Span was doing well for Nats before getting hurt right?

Lets see if he can play LF till Pagan gets hurt like he does every year then he can be our CF lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Mets seriously can't afford to take a chance on a guy with 4 WAR upside for 3 years at 11M AAV?

Really?

J86kQVP.jpg

Pretty sure LeBatard trolls on purpose just to expose how absurd the process is. For fucks sake he admitted to selling his vote last year and still has one.

Pretty sure LeBatard trolls on purpose just to expose how absurd the process is. For fucks sake he admitted to selling his vote last year and still has one.

No he doesn't. The BBWAA doesn't give him a ballot anymore after his stunt last year. Him saying he didn't vote for Griffey was a troll.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
funny looking at the BP braves top ten from this year to last. lots of changes.

2015:

RHP Lucas Sims
2B Jose Peraza
C Christian Bethancourt
OF/1B Braxton Davidson
RHP Garrett Fulenchek
SS Ozhaino Albies
RHP Alec Grosser
3B Kyle Kubitza
RHP J.R. Graham
RHP Mauricio Cabrera

2016:

SS Dansby Swanson - ARI - Shelby Trade
LHP Sean Newcomb - LAA - Simmons Trade
SS Ozhaino Albies
RHP Aaron Blair - ARI - Shelby Trade
LHP Kolby Allard - Draft
RHP Touki Toussaint - ARI - Arroyo Trade
RHP Mike Soroka - Draft - Comp pick for Ervin Santana
3B Austin Riley - Draft - Pick from Padres - Kimbrel Trade.
LHP Max Fried - SDP - Justin Upton Trade
RHP Lucas Sims

and BP lists 5 more players that were close.

Mallex Smith, OF - SDP - Justin Upton Trade
John Gant, RHP - NYM - Johnson/Uribe Trade
Mauricio Cabrera, RHP
Johan Camargo, SS
Zachary Bird, RHP - LAD - Olivera Trade

quite a bit of turnover. out of the 15 that bp mentions. 4 were with the club in when they made the last list.

Beckx

Maeda's incentives per Fangraphs: "Maeda can earn an extra $10 million-plus a year by hitting 30 games started and 200 innings pitched a year."

Feast or Famine contract.

zulux21

Maeda's incentives per Fangraphs: "Maeda can earn an extra $10 million-plus a year by hitting 30 games started and 200 innings pitched a year."

Feast or Famine contract.

hmmm you are at 29 stars and 180 innings...

your arm is looking tired... we are gonna throw you in the bullpen for the rest of the season :p

Beckx

hmmm you are at 29 stars and 180 innings...

your arm is looking tired... we are gonna throw you in the bullpen for the rest of the season :p

Contract negotiated by Zenimax!

I wouldn't be surprised though if there are actually interim benchmarks. Or at least for his sake I hope there are. He's been good for 200 (or close) innings the last few years in NPB (with a shorter season and fewer starts due to 6-man), so the question is probably whether he can pitch well enough to get that many starts and whether the mystery elbow holds together.

Chris Correa apparently went into the ex-Cards employee's email after a system wide password reset so he could take another peek at the Astros' database. Damn lol.

Cecil, Sanchez, Storen, Osuna in the pen isn't terrible

I really hope Saunders can not freakishly injure himself or Pompey can actually play

Top Bottom