• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Pitchers and catchers in 2 weeks, CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN'T WAIT.
can't wait for pitchers and catchers to report so i can wait for the rest of the players to report so i can wait for spring training games to start so i can wait for opening night and then i can wait for opening day.

can't wait for pitchers and catchers to report so i can wait for the rest of the players to report so i can wait for spring training games to start so i can wait for opening night and then i can wait for opening day.

The life

At least I have motorsports and hockey to tide me over!

>tfw when GT class racing isn't on any decent Canadian channel

Beckx

Caribbean World Series coming up

There's a home run derby part of that, right? I saw some NPB guys were in that. If you have stream links, post em!

Fighters left for Arizona today. My favorite baseball team is closer than they'll ever be but it still might as well be a world away, I can't go. ;_;

Apparently all 30 spring training games will be broadcast on radio this year

yaaassss

10 will be televised

They want those Jays ratings.

Also, apparently Ramone from Studio San Diego said that the Jays' dirt infield will make it in this year. Haven't seen the exact quote yet but hoping this will be true.

1453842125-media_zpsjbwwnz0q.jpg

Their twitch and blog info rollout.

They want those Jays ratings.

Also, apparently Ramone from Studio San Diego said that the Jays' dirt infield will make it in this year. Haven't seen the exact quote yet but hoping this will be true.

1453842125-media_zpsjbwwnz0q.jpg

Their twitch and blog info rollout.

They want those Jays ratings, but at the end of the day, they still will throw so much more money towards Mike Babcock farting.

But why hold back your prospects for Fowler? Unless they don't believe in Soler? Just such a strange player for the Cubs to be chasing given its roster?

Sign and trade. Nobody is willing to touch him because of the draft pick, same with Kendricks and Yovani (Desmond I'm convinced just isn't getting the market he wanted). If the sign Fowler he's there for a week, max.

Mets 2016 lineup

L - Granderson, RF
R - Wright, 3B
R - Cespedes, CF
L - Duda, 1B
S - Walker, 2B
L - Conforto, LF
R - d'Arnaud, C
S - Cabrera, SS
Pitcher

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Giants NRI list for spring training:

Pitchers (7)
RHP Tyler Beede
RHP Samuel Coonrod
RHP Chase Johnson
LHP Braulio Lara
RHP Vin Mazzaro
LHP Ricky Romero
RHP Albert Suarez

Catchers (4)
Aramis Garcia
George Kottaras
Tyler Ross
Matt Winn

Infielders (7)
Christian Arroyo
Kyle Blanks
Grant Green
Ryder Jones
Hak-Ju Lee
Rando Moreno
Ramiro Pena

Outfielders (3)
Junior Arias
Gorkys Hernandez
Ryan Lollis

Someone will end up having a surprise breakout year and help propel SF to even year title shenanigans.

Maybe it'll be Ricky Romero who helps SF sweep Toronto in the World Series.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
A TRADE

Ken RosenthalVerified account
‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Rays on verge of trade with #Rockies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
A THING IS HAPPENING

Ken RosenthalVerified account
‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Rays getting Dickerson. Expected to send multiple pitchers to #Rockies. Others possibly involved.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly do not get the trade at all for the Rockies, curious as to what minor leaguers are in the deal. Rays kind of have a logjam of mediocre OFs but it shouldn't be that hard to move Jennings. Dickerson is marginally better than what we got but hes pretty much just a platoon guy too (he pairs up nicely with Souza if thats the route they're going). But hey 4 years of team control versus 2 years of costly arbitration.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why are the Rockies so hesitate to trade CarGo? They're rebuilding right, they can get so much for him.

Are they really? They haven't made any blockbuster moves but they've actually spent a fair bit of money this offseason - signed Parra, Motte, Qualls, Reynolds and traded for McGee. Their payroll is going to be over $100 million this season.

Loco4Coco

Are they really? They haven't made any blockbuster moves but they've actually spent a fair bit of money this offseason - signed Parra, Motte, Qualls, Reynolds and traded for McGee. Their payroll is going to be over $100 million this season.

IDK, it looks like they just signed those players just to trade them midseason cause they're not game changers. They haven't won much in years and play in a division with 3 potential playoff contenders, it be smart of them to just stockpile prospects.

Top Bottom