• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

I would be more interested in giving them money for MLB.TV if I didn't need a cable subscription to watch blacked out games when the Follow Your Team feature comes out.

Malo

Banned
Pineda looks like he ate CC

CbHP5fLW8AA-_7y.jpg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
If i could watch my local games on my phone/computer without it being blacked out i would be sooo happy.

One day...when Im dead.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MLB Gaffers, don't forget you can use a DNS Proxy by bypass local blackout restrictions. I use www.unblock-us.com, it equates to $4.25 a month or so, and you can put it on any device.

I used a service last year, stupid that you still have to pay extra just to watch local games and I think it doesnt work on phones since they use your GPS.

Gentlemen, it's ban bet time. The New York Mets will win the World Series. Otherwise, I'll take a ban from the moment they are eliminated from the playoffs (or eliminated from playoff contention).

Chips are down. Mark it.

So, no reason the Cubs don't win it all this year.

Key question... will Cubs fans become as unbearable as pink hat boston fans were there for a couple years once they won a series?

suntrust park Jan 27th drone flyover.

Are they planning on expanding the streets surrounding the park? Because that looks like an absolute traffic nightmare as it is. 2 lane streets? Dude.

BumRush

I really want the mets to win at least one (preferably this year). There are so many talented young teams and teams that have bottomless check books that windows to win aren't nearly as big as they were in the 90s.

Parch

Top Ten Blue Jay questions this spring.

1. Can Donaldson repeat his MVP season?
2. Who's the closer? Storen or Osuna?
3. Should Aaron Sanchez be a reliever or starter?
4. Can Dalton Pompey hit good enough to be a regular outfielder?
5. Can Martin Stroman become an ace?
6. How much playing time should Chris Colabello get?
7. Was Marco Estrada's decent season a fluke?
8. Drew Hutchison can't possibly be as bad as he was last year, right?
9. Are there any prospects left to pull off another Price type deal?
10. Is RA Dickey ever going to get old?

zulux21

1. Yes.
2-8. I haven't a clue
9. if you fully clean the farm.
10. not really. he could easily go another 9 years if he wanted as a proper knuckleballer doesn't degrade very quickly.

1. Can Donaldson repeat his MVP season? Yes, but it really depends on how the Jays roster turns over in terms of offense. Common sense says that a historic offense like we had last year is not possible to sustain. But if we hit at half the output, and Josh is still a part of that, he will do good things.
2. Who's the closer? Storen or Osuna? Storen based on experience. But who knows at this point, I'd say wait until Spring Training is half done, then the picture will get clearer.
3. Should Aaron Sanchez be a reliever or starter? I really don't know.
4. Can Dalton Pompey hit good enough to be a regular outfielder? Probably not, but that shouldn't diminish his ability to field. If I was Gibby, I'd use him like he does now: as primarily a good fielding player.
5. Can Martin Stroman become an ace? I'll be honest and say no. He has the stuff to be a solid number 2 in the future, but ace of a staff? I doubt it. But considering what we have now in terms of pitchers, he may be the only solid, dependable option.
6. How much playing time should Chris Colabello get? I don't know.
7. Was Marco Estrada's decent season a fluke? Probably. Lets hope it isn't though, yeah?
8. Drew Hutchison can't possibly be as bad as he was last year, right? We might be seeing another Romero type situation here, folks.
9. Are there any prospects left to pull off another Price type deal? Absolutely not, and even if we did, I doubt Rogers cares enough to give Shapiro the opportunity to do so when the trade deadline comes around. The run we had last year lined up nicely for Rogers, considering it gave the city hope, especially with the Leafs being utter shite for the next few years.
10. Is RA Dickey ever going to get old? As Zulux said, probably not. The knuckleball is a fairly low stress pitch, so chances are he still has a bit of gas left in the tank. However, if I was Gibby, I would try and cut back his innings just in case.

11. Can Tulo play a full season?

I hope so, but considering he plays 72 games and then an extra 6-8 in Tampa, I really doubt it.

12.Will Gibby have a job at the end of the season? Because it seems to me that Shapiro is slowly putting his guys in the organization.

Probably not. I have a feeling that in a few years time, Shapiro will essentially turned the management of the team into an old boy's club with people he was chummy with in Cleveland. And that worries me more then the aging core.

I hope so, but considering he plays 72 games and then an extra 6-8 in Tampa, I really doubt it.

Probably not. I have a feeling that in a few years time, Shapiro will essentially turned the management of the team into an old boy's club with people he was chummy with in Cleveland. And that worries me more then the aging core.

I don't wanna be the Toronto Indians.

I don't wanna be the Toronto Indians.

I don't want to be either. But Shapiro is directing us very quickly in this direction. Don't be surprised if Shapiro asks Francona to come north if Gibby is let go after this season.

On the flipside, if that means we get Salazar and Kluber possibly...*shrug*

Still, this old boys club he is creating should be worrying fans.

No.

Storen.

Starter.

No.

Yes.

Every 3rd game.

No.

Worse.

No.

Yes.

As long as he can keep throwing the knuckle, R.A. Dickey could probably pitch through age 50 like Jamie Moyer. Charlie Hough pitched through age 46 and Dickey is better than him.

Key question... will Cubs fans become as unbearable as pink hat boston fans were there for a couple years once they won a series?

Not sure the Cubs are any better than, like, the 2011 Phillies and we know how that turned out

But the answer is yes (and Boston fans are still unbearable)

zulux21

Key question... will Cubs fans become as unbearable as pink hat boston fans were there for a couple years once they won a series?.

they have always been in close competition for unbearable fans.
I imagine the cubs fans will take the crown for most obnoxious unbearable fans if they ever win the world series no problem.

on the plus side I likely won't see it in my lifetime so there is that :p

Top Bottom