• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You shouldn't do avy bets

OrYmywg.png

BumRush

But what if they play the game the right way and take things one day at a time? Will that help offset the liability of not sneaking up on anyone?

Top tier analysis.

Why do people on the Internet always overreact, jesus. I wasn't giving an analysis. Just saying that the cubs young players aren't going to catch anyone by surprise now and it'd be insane to expect arrieta to repeat his performance from 2015. 101 wins is really difficult. That's all I was saying.

Why do people on the Internet always overreact, jesus. I wasn't giving an analysis. Just saying that the cubs young players aren't going to catch anyone by surprise now and it'd be insane to expect arrieta to repeat his performance from 2015. 101 wins is really difficult. That's all I was saying.

He was joking man.

One of them got better but won't be sneaking up on anyone. The other two got worse. I think all three teams will have great seasons but you usually don't project 100 wins. That's crazy.

I agree you don't project 100 wins. I just thought you meant that it wasn't going to happen because they're in the same division, which I don't think is the case at all. Especially with how bad the Reds and Brewers are

Yeah but that's what happens when the local professional teams are 1. The canucks and 2. The whitecaps.

Even then, I prefer the MLS product to EPL, La Liga or Bundesliga.

And besides, fuck the Canucks. Aquillini's can burn for them trying to maximize profits in order to make the team look good in a sell then properly rebuild. Lost this former fan right here.

BumRush

I agree you don't project 100 wins. I just thought you meant that it wasn't going to happen because they're in the same division, which I don't think is the case at all. Especially with how bad the Reds and Brewers are

Nope and you're right. Last year all three teams were insane (and will be again). Just looking at the projection and I'm surprised.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Even then, I prefer the MLS product to EPL, La Liga or Bundesliga.

And besides, fuck the Canucks. Aquillini's can burn for them trying to maximize profits in order to make the team look good in a sell then properly rebuild. Lost this former fan right here.
I'd love to have an NBA team back.

I'd love to have an NBA team back.

I imagine with the success of the Raptors currently, alongside a burgeoning subsection of youth too poor to play hockey (Lets be honest, hockey is essentially a middle to upper class sport nowadays, and that is even more apparent in Vancouver) but able to play basketball, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another NBA team in Vancouver in 10-15 years. Just a matter of the dollar co-operating.

BFIB

The probability of 200 wins between the top two in the NL Central would be very difficult to obtain again. 2015 was such an odd year in hindsight.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
How is the NHL streaming so bad when it's done by the same company as the MLB tv stuff?

MLB is good, ESPN is good and from what I remember when I had it the WWE network was good, all same company. Seems like NHL is just a bad sport that you should stop watching.

I just resigned Mauer for a major discount but hearing he be wearing shades alot more. Should I be worried? Seems like he's really never recovered from his injury

Since nobody has ever been suspended permanently before Jenrry Mejia, I was curious as to what the protocol is now.

Mejia can apply for reinstatement to Commissioner Manfred in February 2017.

If Manfred approves the reinstatement, Mejia must serve a 324-game suspension (two seasons). If Mejia fails a 4th test, he would be banned for life with no chance of reinstatement.

If Manfred denies the reinstatement, Mejia can appeal to an arbitrator, but would have to make some kind of defense that his permanent suspension is "without just cause." If the arbitrator ends the ban, Mejia would still have to serve a 324-game suspension.

Top Bottom