• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

BumRush

Okay, so I'm in a (sort of strange) 12 team (10 category roto) keeper league where you get to keep only 3 keepers, but you get them in the round you drafted them or last round if you picked them off the wire (losing value every year).

I'm definitely keeping Trout and Harper (which i was lucky enough to get in the 25th and 24th rounds a few years back when they were just hyped minor leaguers) but my next keeper isn't as easy.

I have AJ Pollock in the 17th and Jose Fernandez in the 20th. I think AJ is obviously the better value, but I'd be a little behind the eight ball in pitching stats. What would you do?

Did some quick googling because I had not heard this. Apparently it is just on the Xbox? Or am I missing something?

The only way I found about it was through an email that MLB.TV sent me. Here's the relevant text. Luckily it looks like this option is coming to multiple platforms:

New for 2016
NEW LIVE STREAMING TECHNOLOGY (BEST PICTURE QUALITY EVER WITH 60FPS): The new Apple TV will be among the supported devices delivering 60fps live video streaming for MLB.TV Premium subscribers. This HD technology also will be available in 2016 on iPhone 6+, iPhone 6S+, iPad, Chromecast™, PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 3, Roku®, Xbox® One and Xbox® 360.

I have AJ Pollock in the 17th and Jose Fernandez in the 20th. I think AJ is obviously the better value, but I'd be a little behind the eight ball in pitching stats. What would you do?

Your upside with Fernandez is higher, but so is your risk profile. Always easy to pick up good pitching off the waiver wire early in the season if you're diligent. Strong hitters with those kind of SB and OPS numbers are much tougher to pick up. Pollock.

Of course I have to be reminded Gregg Zaun, local dumbass, is still employed by Rogers.

The embodiment of the 'right way to play = white way to play'

BumRush

Your upside with Fernandez is higher, but so is your risk profile. Always easy to pick up good pitching off the waiver wire early in the season if you're diligent. Strong hitters with those kind of SB and OPS numbers are much tougher to pick up. Pollock.

Thank you. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

BumRush

Trout, Harper and Pollock. My god. Think your OF will be okay lol.

All in the 17th or later. Its a nice-sized money league with huge baseball fans I've been friends with for about 15 years. Nothing feels better than crushing your dearest friends at fantasy sports.

BigAT

Xia, please save us.

88c.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
@keithlaw
@NeoGAF emailed you about something important, but have not heard back.

I..uh..

wut

Xia, please save us.

Following up. Gonna have to wait for Evilore really.

Are there any of his other paywall stuff posted in an older thread? I dunno if this would be about that.

If he does just want to post here, ya'll better not scare him off like NFL-GAF did with Chris Kluwe. :p

BFIB

If Law wants to post here, that'd be sweet. Wonder if he could get Amsinger to post also. He's a VIP card carrying BFIB.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14788447/carlos-marmol-agrees-minor-league-deal-boston-red-sox

BOSTON -- Former All-Star reliever Carlos Marmol has agreed to a minor league contract with the Boston Red Sox and will attend big league spring training as a non-roster invitee.

A right-hander, Marmol, 33, is 23-35 with 117 saves and a 3.57 ERA in his major league career. He has played with the Cubs, Dodgers and Marlins, making the All-Star Game with Chicago in 2008.

He spent last season with Triple-A Columbus in the Indians' system, going 3-1 with a 2.03 ERA in 28 relief appearances. Marmol struck out 48 and walked 27 in 31 innings.

If Law wants to post here, that'd be sweet. Wonder if he could get Amsinger to post also. He's a VIP card carrying BFIB.

i fucks with Amsinger hes great in MLB Network
which reminds me, Robert Flores will be joining the network and leaving ESPN supposedly. I love Robert, would be so awesome.

jbug617

Banned
The only Law stuff I posted was where Red Sox prospects and Yankees prospects were ranked in Top 100. I got those by searching Twitter and SBNation. I didn't post any write ups or anything like that.

Top Bottom