• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

rekameohs

Banned
Can I draft Bonds?

No, you'll have to settle for Jon Dowd.
2lHZ1.gif

RBH

Pitchers and Catchers report today for the following teams!

-Arizona Diamondbacks
-Cleveland Indians
-Philadelphia Phillies
-St. Louis Cardinals
-San Francisco Giants

erxgSAg.png

BFIB

Schilling posting on GAF was so weird it was amazing, one of my favorite moments here
He's still never answered my question if he's a ketchup or mustard fan. I told him I figured ketchup since that's what was in his sock in 04.

zroid why you talkin smack in the NHL thread saying that the MLB thread is more anime than the NHL thread.

Nothing is more anime than the NHL thread.

Stop encouraging anime.

Keep your disgusting animu out of my MLB thread. You've already corrupted the golden bastion known as NFL-GAF. Don't take another one of my favorite threads!

Dre3001

Not seeing the Rays winning the AL East but at least PECOTA has the Jays in and the Yankees out of the playoffs.

The AL east will come down to Jays, Rays, and Red Sox.

Im actually surprised so many people are completely down on the Rays heading into the season.

A lot of things went wrong for them last year and yet they finished with 80 wins.

They lost Cobb and Smyly for the year and didnt have Moore come back until around the All Star break. The starting lineup was completely carried by Archer and Odorizzi. On the offensive side, outside of Forsythe breaking out the rest of the players had down years.

Rays went out and traded excess pitching depth and got a lot of young talent (Brad Miller, Corey Dickerson) back that can help improve the offense and sets them up nicely for the future.

If the starting pitching can stay healthy this year I don't see any reason they cant win 87-90 games which should be enough to win in a weak division.

Matt Harrison to possibly miss the season with a back injury.

They say they are feeling it out.

ON mobile so I can't link. Sucks for him.. Can't really say we need him or anything but still back injuries are tough. Hope he comes back well.

Dre3001

dickerson career 286 obp outside of coors should play very well at the trop.

is /s necessary?

Tons of articles are out there showing that the "Coors" effect also affects hitters worse when they play outside of Coors field.

I know how wrong most of these projections are but Rays were one of the most injured teams in all of MLB last year. I find it hard to think they will be just as injured or worse in the coming season.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I say we should have a temporary ban on allowing people with anime avatars from entering this thread, until we can figure out just what the hell is going on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://deadspin.com/yankees-will-no-longer-accept-print-at-home-tickets-th-1759655868

The Yankees would have you believe that eliminating print-at-home tickets is entirely motivated by a desire to prevent fraud, but the reality is that it has everything to do with the team’s partnership with Ticketmaster and ongoing war against StubHub.

When ticket resellers use StubHub, they can sell the ticket for as little as they’d like, but Ticketmaster sets artificial price floors that prevent sellers from listing tickets below face value. This practice has recently been called out by the New York Attorney General, as it deprives fans the opportunity to buy tickets on a fair market.

The Yankees’ wish to avoid the realities of supply and demand is the reason the team touts Ticketmaster as its official resale partner, and this new anti-PDF policy is a blatant attempt at further undercutting StubHub. The Yankees can’t force anyone to use Ticketmaster instead of StubHub, but it can make using the latter a much bigger pain in the ass by eliminating printable tickets.

Top Bottom