• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

rekameohs

Banned
He arrived. That is sweat
CbwajLYW0AcTVIz.jpg
Breast shape of his life

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Was Vernn banned for his assholery, or because he was a Giants fan, Xia?

Trash talk is one thing. More ambiguous personal insults, particularly if you're not a regular and the parties involved can't know if it's meant seriously or not, is another.

I know the whole "don't be insular" thing is a constant concern among the moderation staff in regards to the sports threads, but there's also a concern in being overly harsh given all that's happened in the past.

So if new blood (or people who have primarily lurked before) want to jump in and post, by all means feel free - the sports threads are genearlly very welcoming for newcomers. But also don't post dumb personal insults that aren't obviously facetious or can't in any way be considered as the normal banter that frequently happens. If he had left the post to be just about Chipper being a moron, everyone would have been fine!

On the flip side, regulars also need to not be actively hostile to newcomers either who are genuinely trying to get engaged in the thread. It goes both ways, as they may not know you're just throwing around the usual dumb trash talk. We don't need to scare off potential posters who want to be more active in these threads.

Hope it's an 8 year long ban.

It's just a week.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mattingly is still a Yankee. he's just implementing that rule so that Stanton and Fernandez go to the Yankees eventually. even thought they have the same dumb facial hair rule, people tolerate it as long as the team makes the playoffs and the money comes in.

puig lookin skinnier .. good

his frame last year was a big part of his not being able to stay on the field i think

hustling to first was a hammy injury waiting to happen

Are there any baseball podcasts worth listening to?

Cespedes Family Barbecast is a good general baseball one, more humor based though

Also, Productive Outs headed by the drummer for the band Thrice is fantastic (Though it's maybe my Thrice fanboy speaking)

I miss the Getting Blanked podcast myself.

This years draft might be the best in the last 5 years. Just incredible depth and projections all around.

The Mets have a chance at Alex Speas and he's a kid that would be getting top-10 projections in other drafts.

Top Bottom