• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

zroid

Banned
NYVZr0a.png

Shit balls

zroid

Banned
Jays shouldn't be giving up any prospects. This deal would make no sense if it did. I don't have much need for it as is.

Only way I am okay with this trade (at all) is if Reds are paying Bruce's entire salary. So we get a free player for a year? Fine.

zroid

Banned
I don't understand this deal for the Jays. Hitting is the last of their worries.

They have a question mark in Left Field with Saunders health concerns and Pompey readiness, but Bruce is probably worse than either of them anyway

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Probably going to be an AL team looking to get him. And I can't really think of many that would give him a long term deal. Off the top of my head: Boston, maybe Yankees but I doubt it, Tigers, Angels, Rangers, Mariners?. Probably a 5 year/ $120mil

Would NL teams even consider it? They could probably stick him at first base for the last 2 years.

He'd look good in an Astros uni as a DH.

Parch

Bruce? C'mon Jays, don't bother.
Legitimate concerns about LF, but wait until the end of spring training to see if there's an extra outfielder to grab off waivers or make a minor deal for. Outfield is the one position where there can be decent leftovers.

It's like Shapiro was rattled by Bautista's comments, and decided "WELL I WILL FIND A NEEEW HOME RUN GUY" and Bruce was all that was available.

Not a big fan of this... but it's not like Saunders did *anything* for the Jays other than break himself, twice.

zroid

Banned
Sadly there have been Bruce to Jays rumours circulating for a while. I just didn't want to believe them. :'(

also why'd he have to go and waive his NTC? f that

Well maybe this will be Shapyro's Bautista find.

Fuck no it won't be.

Actually re Bautista, I don't think the Jays should offer him 30 schmill or whatever it would take to keep the contract length short. Trade him for a close to ready prospect and let Tulo decay into the 1B/DH.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Sources: There is doubt among those involved in the Jay Bruce talks that the deal will be completed.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 42m42 minutes ago
Source: Medical concerns in Bruce deal involved #BlueJays minor leaguer, not Saunders. Player presumably was going to CIN. Trade off for now

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 41m41 minutes ago
Sounds like Cliff Lee’s career is over. His agent, Darek Braunecker, told me, “We don’t anticipate him playing at this point.”

Top Bottom