• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

RBH

I1deaBg.png

World Series, here we come, baby!

Are spring training games not free to watch anymore? I could have sworn that they were last year. I only have the radio package on mlb.com.

wbsmcs

Sort of a depressing post coming up guys...

The Jays have been my favourite Toronto team for the past couple years, and along with my fantasy league, baseball has become the sport I look forward to start the most. Throughout the winter I read about the moves the Jays made and didn't make, and hoped for another repeat of last year. However, this year just won't be the same for me. My dad passed last week. I watched the majority of the games with him over the past couple years, and all the playoff games with him. I remember our reactions when Bautista hit his homerun against Sam Dyson, and how we were both on our feet with Donaldson up in the 9th inning against the Royals. I remember him getting pissed when they weren't able to resign Price, and his reaction towards Bautista's contract talk. And now I'll be watching the first game without him. People say that the first holiday occasions are the toughest when you lose someone, but this first baseball season without him is going to be right up there I feel.

The Jays have been my favourite Toronto team for the past couple years, and along with my fantasy league, baseball has become the sport I look forward to start the most. Throughout the winter I read about the moves the Jays made and didn't make, and hoped for another repeat of last year. However, this year just won't be the same for me. My dad passed last week. I watched the majority of the games with him over the past couple years, and all the playoff games with him. I remember our reactions when Bautista hit his homerun against Sam Dyson, and how we were both on our feet with Donaldson up in the 9th inning against the Royals. I remember him getting pissed when they weren't able to resign Price, and his reaction towards Bautista's contract talk. And now I'll be watching the first game without him. People say that the first holiday occasions are the toughest when you lose someone, but this first baseball season without him is going to be right up there I feel.

Sorry to hear about your dad! Hope you are doing well

JoseDFrog

Banned

Bro hug. You made me tear up. I can't imagine watching a baseball game without my dad or be able to call him when I can't watch them with him.

zroid

Banned

Condolences, man. Glad that the past season gave you some good memories with him.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I tried to sit down and watch as many playoff games as possible with my mom who is a big Jays' fan.

Presco

My son just turned two and we've been playing catch everyday and talking about baseball and the Jays. He couldn't sit long enough to watch anything other than highlights last year but I will be watching games with him this year for the first time. I will think of this post often.

My son just turned two and we've been playing catch everyday and talking about baseball and the Jays. He couldn't sit long enough to watch anything other than highlights last year but I will be watching games with him this year for the first time. I will think of this post often.

My daughter turns 2 this month, maybe it is time for me to get her a glove.

BFIB

Well, there goes a member of the PGA thread.

Who will be next in the murder of MLB-GAF members?
Xia is the new Judge Dredd for MLB GAF and for whatever devil magic the Giants fan base and the franchise will bring out in even year shenanigans. He's a mod, the fix is in already!

See you in a week hopefully. Please be nice to a card carrying BFIB Xia :).

Does anyone here have a windows phone? Last year I did mlb radio and at first there was no official app so I had to use a third party app, but then like halfway through the season the released an official version of at bat for windows phone. So I signed up for mlb radio again this year and again at bat is not in the store, and the version that I downloaded last year is gone as well, plus the third party app that I downloaded last year is no longer in the store.

I volunteer Harry.
Not during the Dodgers' year of glory!
Does anyone here have a windows phone? Last year I did mlb radio and at first there was no official app so I had to use a third party app, but then like halfway through the season the released an official version of at bat for windows phone. So I signed up for mlb radio again this year and again at bat is not in the store, and the version that I downloaded last year is gone as well, plus the third party app that I downloaded last year is no longer in the store.
They pulled At Bat from the store last year after not updating it. I don't think there's a good baseball app available for Windows Phones. This is what we get for being Windows Phone users.

Not during the Dodgers' year of glory!

They pulled At Bat from the store last year after not updating it. I don't think there's a good baseball app available for Windows Phones. This is what we get for being Windows Phone users.

Fuck that sucks, I guess I will see if they will give me a refund then since I listened to games last year almost exclusively on my phone.

ampere

RIP, that really sucks man. Best you can do is remember the good times

RBH

My condolences.

Top Bottom