• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Damn my fantasy baseball team last year was pretty stack. 5 top 25 players..

Ready to defend!!

I asked if we were doing a league this year, Just one taker so far. Hoping for more *hint* *hint*
Also I found out what happened to opiate. Let's just say it is highly likely that he was, in fact, a disspasionate robot. Yikes.

Rivitur

Banned
Billy Witz ‏@billywitz 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: Aroldis Chapman suspended 30 games by MLB under domestic violence policy, source. No appeal. Story posting momentarily @nytsports
OMG! I can't believe the media fell for it! Chapman didn't get suspended for Domestic violence, it was the weapons that did him in. The statement by manferd didn't mention, "girlfriend", "domestic violence", or even " abuse" once. The awful thing is that discharging your weapon in Florida isn't illegal which is why he wasn't taken in by the police at the time.

Chapman didn't appeal for God knows why, he would have easily won. Maybe it's just to make the comish look good.

The spin masters at MLB did wonders here.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
OMG! I can't believe the media fell for it! Chapman didn't get suspended for Domestic violence, it was the weapons that did him in. The statement by manferd didn't mention, "girlfriend", "domestic violence", or even " abuse" once. The awful thing is that discharging your weapon in Florida isn't illegal which is why he wasn't taken in by the police at the time.

Chapman didn't appeal for God knows why, he would have easily won. Maybe it's just to make the comish look good.

Is this a real opinion? I'm genuinely asking because I can't tell.

Malo

Banned

Post here more pls.

Rivitur

Banned
Is this a real opinion? I'm genuinely asking because I can't tell.
It's a fact look it up. The only evidence MLB came up with was that Chapman shot a gun. That's what the suspension is for, not any sort of domestic violence policy, bit just shooting a gun in his house. ESPN even fell for it.

After reviewing the staff report, I found Mr. Chapman's acknowledged conduct [on Oct. 30, 2015] to be inappropriate under the negotiated policy, particularly his use of a firearm and the impact of that behavior on his partner.

There's the spin. The cops could only confirm to MLB investigators that he infact did fire off a weapon but couldn't conclude if he choked his gf.

Btw I'm not a Yankees apologist I actually hate the Yankees almost as much as I do the cardinals and just a bit more than I do the Rangers. I just have this avatar for comedic effect.

Astrosfan4life

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's a fact look it up. The only evidence MLB came up with was that Chapman shot a gun. That's what the suspension is for, not any sort of domestic violence policy, bit just shooting a gun in his house. ESPN even fell for it.

There's the spin. The cops could only confirm to MLB investigators that he infact did fire off a weapon but couldn't conclude if he choked his gf.

Btw I'm not a Yankees apologist I actually hate the Yankees almost as much as I do the cardinals and just a bit more than I do the Rangers. I just have this avatar for comedic effect.

Astrosfan4life
Oh, it's a fact. Well then.

So how close to his partner would the bullets have needed to travel in order for it to be domestic violence, according to facts?

zulux21

Oh, it's a fact. Well then.

So how close to his partner would the bullets have needed to travel in order for it to be domestic violence, according to facts?

his partner wasn't any where near the bullets. She was either in the basement or already left, I can't remember which.
the original story was that he got mad, he then went to his garage alone, grabbed a gun from somewhere in the garage, fired off his gun repeatedly (I think it was out the garage window, not at anyone just to relieve stress), and then stayed in the garage alone for a while before his friends calmed him down.

it's one of the few things the stories agreed on, that he was alone in the garage when he fired off shots, most of the rest of the story was a series of he said she said.

BigAT

Bunch of real judgmental folks in here lately. Who among us hasn't fired a weapon at a loved one in anger? Get off your high horses.

Harper is still young.

I'm at least happy that 40 mil in overpaid players (Tex and Beltran) and CC comes off the books in 2.

Yankees are gonna be big spenders in the next few years.

I will be surprised if Harper is still alive after this season. Dusty Baker may kill Royce Harper

club's gotta make sure and protect the real star Papelbon

0af80054354cb6245f0f6a7067004012-thumb-3264x3627-134039.jpg

True stardom right here!

So Mike and Mike were killing Chapman this morning. Saying that he only cares about money and not his reputation. They said that he could have easily appealed his suspension and won, but didnt because of the threat of losing money.

I am shocked that discharging a gun in a residential area isnt a more serious offense. What if a bullet had hit a kid or something. That seems like a law that someone should look into changing.

So Mike and Mike were killing Chapman this morning. Saying that he only cares about money and not his reputation. They said that he could have easily appealed his suspension and won, but didnt because of the threat of losing money.

I am shocked that discharging a gun in a residential area isnt a more serious offense. What if a bullet had hit a kid or something. That seems like a law that someone should look into changing.

If mike and mike said it then the opposite must be true.

Isn't he losing money anyway? The suspension is without pay. And appealing wouldn't have helped his rep (which is probably already hurt badly to begin with). I don't understand this argument.

Isn't he losing money anyway? The suspension is without pay. And appealing wouldn't have helped his rep (which is probably already hurt badly to begin with). I don't understand this argument.

Yeah I didnt understand it either.

So eznark got a permma ban today. This thread is not going to be the same without him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
From what I was told on radio, if he misses like more than 59 days (not sure on number) he would have to wait another year for free agency. That could be completely wrong though, just what I heard.

I'm down for fantasy baseball, never done it though.

Beckx

:lol

Neil is burning bridges

The Cards renewed Wacha at the same price but didn't make the dumb mistake of having it appear as a salary cut backed with a threat.

Neil apologized, but the damage was done when Boras is the agent.

----------

@DTonPirates 1m1 minute ago
Tigers put up 4-spot on Jeff Locke still batting in 1st. Jaso makes an error on throw. Ok, if u wanted to get to Pirates fans fears, bingo!

April-May are going to be fun. :/

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
baseball! on my tv! i don't care if its the yankees. i'll take anything!

/waits for grandslam

Top Bottom