• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Needs to be the gif of him flying into the stands from last year. Great news for KC.

I'm not saying I have an entire folder of Royals gifs
...but I do.

RTnapy1.gif

I love Alex Gordon and that is all. Even if he dips in the last year or two of the contract, it's still worth it to make him a Royal for life. The best since George Brett.

iuAj6wd.gif

I love how he's not sure at first if he can pull it off, but by the time he's sitting and the ball is coming down in his glove, he knows he's got it.

I know he'll be 32 but it's surprising how little interest there was for Alex Gordon

Same here, but I guess him being banged up this past season, being 32, and having a lot of his value tied to his defense which tends to be the first thing to go scared teams away. Will be interesting to see how this affects the markets for Cespedes and Upton or if they still get $100+ milllion deals.

kris.

Banned
I put ketchup on hot dogs and only ketchup. Don't give a single fuck. Tomatoes are the superior fruit. Mustard and relish are disgusting.

Beckx

Damn, Pirates DFA'd Tony Sanchez. After the spring he had last year, I thought maybe he'd have a chance, but nope, cut loose because

... Pirates needed a 40-man spot b/c they signed Neftali Felix. Because a staff can never have too many repair projects.

I really hope Junior gets in unanimously. Would be cool to see and I hope it isn't due to a writer being a little bitch and not voting

He will. Junior really is one of the few HoF bound players that was revered by all, from young to old. In the early to mid 90's, you could make the case that he was as big as Jordan when it came to the sports zeitgeist.

Couple that with being a sports icon for the entire Pacific Northwest, and he will get in. If not unanimous, then 95%. And not one bit lower.

zroid

Banned
He will. Junior really is one of the few HoF bound players that was revered by all, from young to old. In the early to mid 90's, you could make the case that he was as big as Jordan when it came to the sports zeitgeist.

Couple that with being a sports icon for the entire Pacific Northwest, and he will get in. If not unanimous, then 95%. And not one bit lower.

I specifically went to the Mariners games at the Dome for KGJ

Also, The Kid is unique in that he is one of the few players of that era to never have even a whisper of PED use. To most writers, he is probably the purest to ever play the game and is still alive. (That can change, of course)

Yeah but you always get those couple voters that abstain for "a greater cause" or some shit like that.

I specifically went to the Mariners games at the Dome for KGJ

I did the same, but at Fiscalini Field in San Bernardino in 1988 when he made his minor league debut for the California League Spirit and for about another two dozen games of his 58 games there after that. Dude was special. 18 years old with a >1 OPS. He was amazing to watch.

89855957-minor-league-baseball-san-bernardino-spirit-gettyimages.jpg

Ozuna's market is gaining speed. Loria must have some new art he has his eye on.

Lol Jeff Passan is the last person I would listen to for any news regarding the Marlins.

Bob Nightengale reported several hours ago that the Marlins and Rangers were in talks, but they aren't close for a deal.

Top Bottom