• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif

trs1080

Neo Member
Yeah. Some of these guys look completely lost at the plate mentally. A not so insignificant part of that falls on the hitting coach.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any hitting coach that could be attributed for making a team hit better. "Genius" from the Rangers got paid big by the Cubs and he made zero difference (and fired ofc)

I'm having a hard time thinking of any hitting coach that could be attributed for making a team hit better. "Genius" from the Rangers got paid big by the Cubs and he made zero difference (and fired ofc)

Yea but Kevin Long is praised for as being the best hitting coach in baseball and I think is shit. Plus the Cubs do not have Yankee-caliber type hitters what so ever.

trs1080

Neo Member
Yea but Kevin Long is praised for as being the best hitting coach in baseball and I think is shit. Plus the Cubs do not have Yankee-caliber type hitters what so ever.

Right but I think where a pitching coach can work with guys and help what's a hitting coach going to tell Arod that he doesn't already know. Hes thought to be good when the team hits and shit when they don't. I think people's ideas of their influence on a team is way overrated.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think Kevin Long has anything to do with it (if anything, Granderson gave him a lot of credit for helping him improve against LHP). It's just that Arod is washed up and done (and we still have him for five more years YAY) and Swisher has never hit in the post season ever.

I don't think Kevin Long has anything to do with it (if anything, Granderson gave him a lot of credit for helping him improve against LHP). It's just that Arod is washed up and done (and we still have him for five more years YAY) and Swisher has never hit in the post season ever.

Doesn't account for the universal bad RISP average the team has, or the disproportionally high strike outs w/RISP. Why are the yankees the only team in baseball who can't just stick the bat out and make contact with the ball when the bases are loaded?

Right but I think where a pitching coach can work with guys and help what's a hitting coach going to tell Arod that he doesn't already know. Hes thought to be good when the team hits and shit when they don't. I think people's ideas of their influence on a team is way overrated.

Yea but they help players out on approaching an at bat and making adjustments. Yea most of it has to come from the hitters themselves, but they have to work with each other, Kevin Long's time has passed.

Top Bottom