• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

not good location Niese. Not good at all.

JESUS that was a no-doubter by Alex. You have to keep the Yankees in the park, they need homers to score runs.

Good thing Mets scored those runs, because they haven't done anything since the 1st inning.

7th inning is going to be big for Niese, Jones/Martin/PH due up.

There's the offense that's been missing for the past month. Jon Jay was the catalyst. Who knew?

I think Vin Mazarro was the catalyst, and I'm hoping he's on a bus back to Omaha right now. That lights out version of him you saw last weekend was a once in a lifetime fluke, this is exactly how he usually performs.

Again, gets behind Jones 2-0 and grooves one. Mets need to get up the pen NOW, Niese is starting to give it up.

Throw strikes and keep Yankees in the park Jon, c'mon.

Wat a blast. Frankie F is gonna need to strike out some chickens.
In fairness, he was going to say whiners, but didn't like that word. He wanted to say something like babies, but that wasn't good either. Apparently he said he wanted to compare Yanks to chickens squawking, because he said their coaches are always complaining.

Reporter took the sound byte and said Francisco said the Yankees were chicken. :p

In fairness, he was going to say whiners, but didn't like that word. He wanted to say something like babies, but that wasn't good either. Apparently he said he wanted to compare Yanks to chickens squawking, because he said their coaches are always complaining.

Reporter took the sound byte and said Francisco said the Yankees were chicken. :p

Lost-in-translation.jpg

Parnell stays in to face Granderson, smart move. If you use Byrdak and he gets a hit, you have to spend a pitcher for A-Rod. I like this matchup more.

EDIT: SIDDOWN GRANDERSON.

Lol.

Nice work Parnell.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven = best baseball commentary team on TV.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i think this wiiiiddddeeee strikezone might just have a little bit to do with jurrjen's success.

Windu

3-3 with 2 doubles off a tough lefty. Jason Heyward's going to be alright, everybody.
he'll gain confidence one day

edit: honestly, simmons looks fucking impressive. i had no idea he was this good a hitter.

he'll gain confidence one day

edit: honestly, simmons looks fucking impressive. i had no idea he was this good a hitter.

Me neither. I was warning friends when he came up not to be so upset if he hit .150 because his defense will save the runs that Pastornicky allowed.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

His low K% is his best offensive tool. As long as he keeps making contact, good things will happen. Not buying the power he's had so far though.

Windu

I wish Jurrjens could have this kind of control every night.
His low K% is his best offensive tool. As long as he keeps making contact, good things will happen. Not buying the power he's had so far though.
yeah he isn't a 140+ hitter but i do think he is above average which is way above my expectations. His defense is right around what i expected (best in the league).

rando14

Sale really impressed me when we played him, looks like he was awesome tonight too. Hopefully a bright future ahead of him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom