• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you throw an inside cutter? HORRIBLE pitch call there on 2-2. He wasn't catching up to the fastball!

The one pitch that if you make a mistake it's gone, and he throws it and makes a mistake. Makes no sense, veteran pitcher and vet catcher. Even if you did get it in Cano is quick inside. Makes no sense to come in with that pitch.

I think Vin Mazarro was the catalyst, and I'm hoping he's on a bus back to Omaha right now. That lights out version of him you saw last weekend was a once in a lifetime fluke, this is exactly how he usually performs.
Wasn't he 3-1 with a sub-3.00 ERA coming into tonight? He must have had pitched at least a few good games.

EDIT: Okay, I just took a look at his peripheral stats. Yikes, he is a terribad pitcher. Under 6 K/9 to go with almost 4 BB/9.

RBH

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Waterboy_Mom.gif

Another 7-pitch inning for Jurrjens. He's only at 84 pitches through 7. He could throw a CG at this rate. But I'd still rather see Kimbrel in the 9th.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, Vin Mazzaro is just what we needed to get our offense back. Plus getting two players off the DL back certainly is a good sign. I have a good feeling about this series.

Also, replay of the 2008 World Series tonight apparently.

LJ11

No Castillo, lol, we were all thinking it!

Fatty got lucky, that last split was middle middle, but Tex was thinking fastball.

POPPED UP! Quintanilla goes back... in the rain, he ... MAKES THE CATCH, PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!

Frank Franc gives another heart attack, getting in to the frying pan and out of it before the heat gets too much! Mets win 6-4 with five 2 outs runs in the 1st inning, big thanks to Nick Swisher for helping the Mets there! Niese picks up his 4th win, and it wasn't pretty for Frank Franc but he gets it done in the 9th!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Strikeout the side he said...

He's done it before he said...

Poultry he said...

Oh well, Yankees lost, which is good for the Rays.

Fenix

Wifi at Marlins Park cut out after the first inning, but damn, that was a good game.

Got loads of pictures, including an action shot of the tater coming off Stanton's bat. Even spotted Anthopolous in the Jays dugout! If I can get the pics off my Dad's camera, I'll post some when I'm home on Monday.

Also, my streak is alive: the last 5 games I've attended, dating back to mid 2010, Bautista has homered. And 22K in attendance? Bulllshiiiiiiit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom