• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
http://www.bucsdugout.com/2012/7/17...rumors-pirates-jameson-taillon-starling-marte
Huntington thus far has refused to part with minor league outfielder Starling Marte or right-hander Jameson Taillon. At least one — and maybe both — would represent a fair price for a player of Upton’s ability (fourth in the NL MVP vote last year) and cost certainty (three years at $38.5 million, starting in 2013).

We can't be that dumb can we? We're not getting any player worth a damn without touching at least one of our top prospects..

jakncoke

Banned
http://www.bucsdugout.com/2012/7/17...rumors-pirates-jameson-taillon-starling-marte

We can't be that dumb can we? We're not getting any player worth a damn without touching at least one of our top prospects..

We're going to end up like last how we got Derrick Lee and Ryan Lidwick type player. :|

Yeah, Tabata is pissing me off. Regressing post contract, zero work ethic and apparently he's in his mid to late 20s.... :/

I'm actually down for trading Tailion, Marte + some other piece for Upton now (Tabata?!)

It's obviously a small sample size, but our hitting seems to have regressed since the All-Star break. We definitely need a bat outside of McCLUTCHen, Neil Walker and Pedro's sporadic 1 hit out of 4 ABs for a HR every few games.

We need to sure up our pitching, too, with a mid level player.

at least its a small contract. his contract is nothing in baseball terms, theres like 50 people that make what he gets in a year what we pay him over the next few

harSon

Banned
We're going to end up like last how we got Derrick Lee and Ryan Lidwick type player. :|

at least its a small contract. his contract is nothing in baseball terms, theres like 50 people that make what he gets in a year what we pay him over the next few

At least we'll have an exciting new prospect to watch in Marte, assuming we don't trade him. Following prospects, and the blind faith that they'll all amount to All-Stars, is the only thing that has kept me sane as a Pirates' fan all of these years.

And yeah, Tabata's contract isn't too bad. I was really excited that we signed him for peanuts last season considering the promise that he had shown :/

jakncoke

Banned
I dont even care if they amount to all stars, I just want the prospects i like to contribute and hopefully lead to a winning year after year org

The Royals still haven't announced tonight's starting pitcher (who'll throw the first pitch in four hours). Sanchez completely shat the bed last night and Everett Teaford, who was scheduled for tonight, had to take over for him in the 2nd.

:(

Mets should acquire Reyes from the Marlins.

Rosenthal reporting that the Nationals are interested in Ryan Dempster and Ramon Hernandez.

Damn, man. The Royals had two open slots in their rotation thanks to injury, that were being filled by various long relievers. Yet they fired Sanchez anyway!

When a team with only three starters fires you (and the other two are Bruce Chen and Luke Hochevar), YOU DUN FUCKED UP. Not to mention most teams would probably want to save face after trading away the All Star MVP for him.

ICE COLD. But he deserves it.

Askani

That Melky trade is gonna go down as one of the greatest heists of all time.

Whoever it was from SF that managed to fool/lie/cheat the Royals office into taking him deserves an Oscar. Either that or the front office is even worse than we thought...if that's even a thing that's possible.

Now, let's focus on Frenchy...

Then on to Betancourt...

The Marlins are really trading everyone? Miami is such a joke of a sports town.

Does it really shock you? Loria is an impatient bastard that went all-in this season. This is the guy that fired Joe Girardi (the guy who took a percieved 120-loss team that had Dontrelle Willis, Miguel Cabrera and 23 AAA guys to a 78-84 finish in his first year as a MLB manager) with two years left on his deal because he told him to stop heckling umpires.

He actually gave a speech during spring training last season saying "all the pieces were in place" for a World Series win.

Doesn't shock me one bit that he's already thinking about blowing up the whole team.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Last I checked, his xBABIP was around. 340.

He'd still nbe a very good player if his BABIP dropped to .340.
yeah true. i am just pissed that he decided to show up to the braves out of shape and shitty. i'd say his true talent is around a 3 win player.

h3ro

CC is back tonight!

EoMfx.jpg

Regarding the Marlins, you guys know this has been Loria's line since he became owner, right? It's nothing new. It's not that their willing to trade players their listening to what people will give them to see if they will dramatically overpay. Hell, you'd probably need to trade your top 5 prospects to get Stanton and then some.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Regarding the Marlins, you guys know this has been Loria's line since he became owner, right? It's nothing new. It's not that their willing to trade players their listening to what people will give them to see if they will dramatically overpay. Hell, you'd probably need to trade your top 5 prospects to get Stanton and then some.
yeah that is what i assume it is, they are just listening to offers which honestly every club does. Doesn't mean they will trade them for peanuts.
Take your SIERA mist and shove it.

Fernando Rodney is the best reliever in beisbol!
Rodney is 9th at 2.14

Link

The Autumn Wind
Right, that explains all the players they traded away over the last 10 years. Who are all the superstars they have from the Miguel Cabrera trade again?

verbum

That Melky trade is gonna go down as one of the greatest heists of all time.

I can see the Royals side in this, Cabrera had one good year out of the last 3. And KC thought they could get a starting pitcher for him. If Melky had regressed, it would be a wash right now.

Come on Jurrjens, let's keep the opposing runs under 2 and see if the offense can make Mr. Zito inflate his ERA a little tonight.

Right, that explains all the players they traded away over the last 10 years. Who are all the superstars they have from the Miguel Cabrera trade again?

Some "money" issues but the Cabrera/Willis got them two supposed top prospects in Andrew Miller and Maybin didn't pan out, Beckett/Lowell trade landed them Hanley and Anibal Sanchez. Got Nolasco from trading Pierre to the Cubs. Some trades work out some don't.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ok, but what I'm saying is they did trade away their players and it's not like any teams really overpaid for them. They got some good pieces back in some cases, but don't tell me Loria is some strategic genius fleecing other teams for all their top prospects. He's a meddling, impatient, cheapass egomaniac who's already destroyed one franchise.

Ok, but what I'm saying is they did trade away their players and it's not like any teams really overpaid for them. They got some good pieces back in some cases, but don't tell me Loria is some strategic genius fleecing other teams for all their top prospects.
He's not, he's an idiot, I'm just saying that to get any of these top players you'd need to overpay. Don't expect them to clear out this team anytime soon or even trade Stanton unless their is some really stupid team out there. And unlike 6-7 years ago they can't make the lack of money excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom