• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

The Braves will attempt to re-sign infielder/outfielder Martin Prado to a multiyear extension, according to Buster Olney of ESPN.com (via Twitter). Atlanta views Prado as its heir apparent to Chipper Jones at third base, Olney explains. Jones, of course, is slated to retire at the conclusion of this season.

Prado, 29 in October, is due for another round of arbitration eligibility after this season and is scheduled to be a free agent after the 2013 campaign. The right-handed hitter owns a solid .297/.346/.437 career batting line, although with modest power (47 homers in 2,489 career plate appearances entering Tuesday night's action). Prado can also play several positions in the field, with most of his work this season coming in left field, although it sounds as if the Braves have designs on him becoming their full-time third baseman.

Because of his unique profile, it's tough to find a strong comparison for Prado in terms of contracts recently doled out to third basemen. Aramis Ramirez, older than Prado but boasting more power, got three years and $36MM from the Brewers last offseason, so Prado and his representatives at Peter E. Greenberg & Associates might seek something comparable to kick in after 2013.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/braves-want-multiyear-extension-for-prado.html

Link

The Autumn Wind
The good news is that the better team won

The bad news is we all had to witness that
I witness that pretty much every night. They shouldn't even bother looking for bullpen help. By the time the trading deadline comes around, it won't even matter anymore.

squall211

Jesus Christ that Mets bullpen rofl. I would love to know how many leads that bullpen has blown in the 8th inning or later this year. It has to be around 20 easy.

squall211

I didn't even turn on the Mets game until they had just taken the lead in the 10th. I looked at the score, saw they were winning, and *almost* watched the rest of the game but thought "nah, they're due to win, but they'll fuck it up somehow". They sure did not disappoint.

dmag1223

Reds win! Probably the most boring series of the year so far, though. Watching the Reds without Votto and Bruce in the lineup was basically like watching a Padres game.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ever since 7 up and 17 to go, we've been in this same ol rut. No end seems to be in sight either.
You don't have to tell me. I may have been on a 3-year sabbatical from here, but I was still continuing to not be surprised by the Mets being bad all this time.

LJ11

Everyone thought the Mets would be trash, finish dead last in the division, some said lose 90 games. They weren't competing this year, but they've entertained us nonetheless, far better than anyone predicted (most prognosticators are shit though).

I just want them to dump Bay, just get him the fuck out of here, it's a lost cause. Roll Hairston and Spin out there, send Bay to Canada. Find out what we have with the younger guys, don't need Bay's corpse around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom