• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the Cubs want Allan Webster.

Won't be as good as the Braves deal, that's the only thing for certain.

Yeah, Cubs fans should really be pissed at Dempster. He fucked them out of Delgado, which was going to be way better than what they get from the Dodgers.

zulux21

Hm, probably would be a choice among Cleveland, Tampa Bay, and Miami.

Do the Astro's actually get people to come to their games at this point?
Astro's were one of the first teams I thought of as removing them and another team sounds better then moving them to the AL and interleague play all year long to me ><:
They can be mad all they want but he earned that 10-5 clause.

my thoughts as well, and I can't really blame a guy for not wanting to go to certain teams.

RBH

Do the Astro's actually get people to come to their games at this point?
Astro's were one of the first teams I thought of as removing them and another team sounds better then moving them to the AL and interleague play all year long to me ><:

I was thinking about Houston, but they have a new owner and that new TV deal (think they're getting around $80 million per year from Comcast), so I think they'll be ok for now.

RBH

One source says the Mets have already rejected an offer from the Padres of reliever Luke Gregerson for Daniel Murphy.

That alone is intriguing, considering that Gregerson, a 28-year-old righthander, seems to fit the bill as a solid reliever who could upgrade the Mets’ bullpen immediately and be under their contractual control for the next two seasons as well.

Going into Tuesday night’s action, Gregerson was 2-0 with a 3.12 ERA, and has had streaks in the last couple of seasons where he has been dominant. This season he had a few rough outings in May that ballooned his ERA to 4.57, but since May 30 he has allowed only four runs in 24 appearances.

In any case, the Gregerson offer is evidence that there is solid interest in Murphy, and as hot as the Mets’ second baseman has been lately, hitting .443 over his last 21 games before going 0-for-3 Tuesday night, his value right now is probably as high as it will get.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ading-daniel-murphy-bullpen-article-1.1121343

clemenx

Banned
Eh, I wouldn't mind trading Murph. Not for just a RP though. I get the feeling that he gets overrated easily, maybe Sandy can rob someone for him.

DiZ_O

Banned
We beat Verlander earlier this year, but it's gonna take something special to do it again.
There's a greater chance of us getting no-hit today lol, but Zach's been consistent, hope he doesn't blow up today.

Barry Bonds looks like he's ready to return to the Pirates.

original.jpg

Blearth

Banned
The Bonds hate is so stupid. Out of the hundreds of players who have juiced, he gets the most shit just because he was the best player to do it.

The Marlins have told teams that Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, and Giancarlo Stanton are not being moved. They like Buehrle and believe Reyes and others will perform better with Hanley gone.

They are reluctant to move Josh Johnson and Emilio Bonafacio, but would do it for the right package. Some say the Marlins are asking for a 2007 Teixeira package for Johnson.

Looks like the Dempster discussions may be dead all around. The Dodgers won't give up what the Cubs are asking for Dempster, but would give it up for Matt Garza, who is who they want more anyways.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNStatsInfo
Pirates Sterling Marte HR to lead off his first MLB game. Last player to HR to lead off first MLB game- Kazuo Matsui, 2004

And it was all downhill from there!

harSon

Banned
Jesus Christ the Astros really do suck. They're giving up HRs to rookies on their first hit, and HRs to Barmes? Shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom