• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I swear Hanrahan is the least dominating, yet still dominating closer in the league. I love the dude, but he always makes every save too exciting before finally putting the game away.

You know what I love about watching Harvey/Johnson? THEY CHANGE SPEEDS/EYE LEVEL.

Slider in the dirt, High fastball in, curve on the black away, fastball up away, change low, fastball on the corner. He never sits in one location by Bobby Parnell, and he doesn't appear afraid to throw any pitch at any time.

ToxicAdam

149251097_extra_large.jpg

directed to the Tiger bench.

lol

rando14

Can't see the Mets game right now, looks like Harvey's pitching well, but why is his pitch count so high? Almost 90 thru 4.2?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't see the Mets game right now, looks like Harvey's pitching well, but why is his pitch count so high? Almost 90 thru 4.2?

Because he's striking everybody out.

Shame its so high. Probably wont get to challenge Strasburg's record of 14K. Bullpen will probably blow the win too.

What a debut by Matt Harvey:
Code:
[U]Pitchers	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PC-ST	ERA[/U]
M Harvey	5.1	3	0	0	3	11	0	106-65	0.00
Plus a single and double.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNStatsInfo
From Elias: Matt Harvey (NYM): 1st player in modern baseball history (since 1900) with 10+ K AND 2 hits in his major league debut.

Greatest debut of all time! Does he have a cool nickname yet?

IN THERE FOR A CALLED STRIKE THREE AND THE BALLGAME IS OVER!!!

Parnell gets Kubel looking and the Mets snap a 6th game losing streak on the power of a historic night by Matt Harvey! He gets the win striking out 11 in 5+ innings, Hairston had a big night going 3-4.

Mets win for just the 2nd time in the last 13 games. Finally a little ray of light in the post-ASB part of the season.

jakncoke

Banned
I swear Hanrahan is the least dominating, yet still dominating closer in the league. I love the dude, but he always makes every save too exciting before finally putting the game away.

Well his Fip is quite horrible compared to last year. 2.18 last year, 4.08 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom