• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Fuck everything.

image.php

jakncoke

Banned
Escobar, 23, is batting .207 this season with the White Sox in 36 games. The switch-hitting rookie was drafted as a shortstop, but has also seen time at third base, second base and in left field this season. According to Future Sox prospect rankings, Escobar was ranked as the No. 9 prospect in the team's organization before the season started.

Hernandez, also 23, is 8-2 with a 2.94 ERA in 15 appearances between Class AA and Class AAA this season. He was ranked as the No. 17 prospect in the organization before the 2012 season started.

could be worse i suppose

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
God bless Kenny. Always makes shit exciting as hell and Liriano is going to be one hell of a crazy ride as boom or bust he is. Easily the best pitcher in baseball with a 5.31 ERA.

Braves announced after the game that if a starting pitcher is not added after the deadline, Kris Medlen will be moved into the rotation to start Tuesday against the Marlins.

Jurrjens is out of the rotation.

zulux21

The Twins make me feel better about the Mariners.

To go from playoff contenders to such utter mediocrity so quickly.

*looks at the Mariners' 2003 season*
93-69
*2004 season*
63-99

*looks at the twins' 2010 season*
94-68
*2011*
63-99

since the Mariners' fell they have had two decent seasons, 2007 with 88 wins and a second finish and 2009 with 85 wins and a 3rd finish, the other years since 2003 they have been below .500.

I do wonder if the Twins will rebound quicker as the twins are about on pace to match your 2005 season of 69 and 93 (that is a .426 win percent twins are currently at a .420)... so it's actually a pretty good comparison lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Twins desperately need quality arms for their rotation if they're going to turn things around. They have pretty much nothing in the minors. This is why I think trading away Liriano was a poor idea. He's the closest they're going to get to a top of the rotation starter.

Well, was. Trade him for peanuts I guess. Sigh.

zulux21

The Twins desperately need quality arms for their rotation if they're going to turn things around. They have pretty much nothing in the minors. This is why I think trading away Liriano was a poor idea. He's the closest they're going to get to a top of the rotation starter.

Well, was. Trade him for peanuts I guess. Sigh.

He is a free agent at the end of this year... he has put up rather poor numbers since the start of the 2011 season... peanuts really isn't that bad.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if don cooper can fix a flaw in his mechanics... it helps become him more regular and the pitcher you hoped he would be again, and then the twins resign him in the off season for about what you would have resigned him for if you didn't trade him, and you have two new prospects on top of that. (and then he no hits the white sox again next year :/)

beyond that though the pitcher you got isn't horrible. If he can pan out to be a decent number 3 or 4 starter that in my opinion is a good pick up for sending off a number 5 starter (at this point in time) as a half season rental that has over a 5 era since the start of 2011.

Macattk15

*looks at the Mariners' 2003 season*
93-69
*2004 season*
63-99

*looks at the twins' 2010 season*
94-68
*2011*
63-99

since the Mariners' fell they have had two decent seasons, 2007 with 88 wins and a second finish and 2009 with 85 wins and a 3rd finish, the other years since 2003 they have been below .500.

I do wonder if the Twins will rebound quicker as the twins are about on pace to match your 2005 season of 69 and 93 (that is a .426 win percent twins are currently at a .420)... so it's actually a pretty good comparison lol

Mariners were never in the playoffs except 2001 ... despite their records.

Yes I know the M's went from good to trash quickly. But it warms me to know they aren't the only ones.

jman2050

Kenny Williams baffles me. He does these crazy awesome deals like getting Youkillis for nothing and now Liriano for nothing, and on the other side takes on Alex Rios's contract and gives away Nick Swisher for $.05 on the dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom