• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Culex

Banned
Was hoping Granderson's was a homerun so I could scream at the top of my lungs "the Grandy man can!" to my wife, but alas, I'll take Tex!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so....good start from Minor.
2011 - 3.93 pitches per plate appearance
2012 - 4.05 pitches per plate appearance

Chip knows his stuff!
nnAU5.gif

zulux21

the wheels on the humber bus start falling off... falling off... falling off....
(please keep driving until the 6 without crashing ><:)
yay no crashes despite a horrible start to the inning.... this game so far is going way better than I expected.

Kingbrave

I love you Kimbrel....marry me!!

And Minor, please do that the rest of the season. I don't want to end up in the hospital anymore damnit!

zulux21

humber pitched 6+ giving up only 1-3 runs (only 1 so far but at least 1 more should score) that is way better than I remotely hoped for going into... I would have been happy with 6 innings and 6 runs from humber today lol.

zulux21

When the Yanks and Sox play, everyone hits.

Just the way these shitty ass games go.

I wonder if the games would go faster if the umps actually enforced rule 8.0.4

When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call &#8220;Ball.&#8221; The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball.
most likely the games would just be even longer and higher scoring as they would walk everyone :p

on a different note has anyone actually seen that rule enforced?
I know there are a few pitchers that would have to leave the majors if that rule was enforced on a regular basis lol

yah, but that means the Pirates also won.

also not surprising as the pirates are actually decent this year.

Carlbeego

most likely the games would just be even longer and higher scoring as they would walk everyone :p

I know there are a few pitchers that would have to leave the majors if that rule was enforced on a regular basis lol

Seen pitchers get fined for taking a too long. Haven't seen it enforced.

Meier

Hopefully Kemp can put his recent struggles behind him after this huge day. Loving the protection Hanley is going to provide him.

zulux21

and the white sox are now 6-2 against texas this year lol... I wonder if we can sweep them again that would be cool.

also yay 2.5 game lead on first.
also hoping the angels lose today so the white sox could be in the second wild card spot as well.

jakncoke

Banned
Fuck. I jinxed the astros by saying they'd sweep you guys. We need to win this shootout to keep pace. Should be an interesting series next week.

Keep pace to me implies you are trying stay with someone, you are 2 games up! The pirates are the ones trying to keep pace! Also i dont think you had anything to do with it, i think then being a 110 loss contender had something to do with it :p

Doogdogg

No, the rules are never enforced. Mark Buehrle is the fastest worker and he still average 16 second, 4 over the limits! 12 second is clown man.

zulux21

Fuck everything.

im really hoping you are right about Liriano figuring things out... I guess orlando hudson is now our almighty back up infielder lol

the question is what is the white sox rotation now...
Sale and Peavy obviously... and I would assume we got Liriano to be a rotation guy not bullpen.... so which of Floyd, Humber and Quintana gets bumped.
Quintana has the best stats and has been the most consistent but is also a rookie that they are worried about innings with.
Floyd has better numbers than Humber and has pitched well in 4 of his last 5 starts.
Humber is terrible, but he pitched a perfect game this year and has pitched really well in 2 of his 3 starts since coming off the DL...

Kenny of course might not be done moving people as there has been lots of talks of him trying to move Floyd.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
im really hoping you are right about Liriano figuring things out... I guess orlando hudson is now our almighty back up infielder lol
Oh boy, a backup infielder and a potential bottom of the rotation starter. What a fucking trade, Terry.

I hope Liriano is the only pitcher on the White Sox who does well. Frown. I bet I'll have to watch Liriano destroy the Twins on Tuesday. Maybe they'll trade Morneau and Span for peanuts during the game too!

HeySeuss

Keep pace to me implies you are trying stay with someone, you are 2 games up! The pirates are the ones trying to keep pace! Also i dont think you had anything to do with it, i think then being a 110 loss contender had something to do with it :p

You guys are good this year. You're just as hot as we are so keeping pace works for me...lol

It's going to be a fun last two months. I hope we don't drop off the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom