• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lol astros are out to break records, i was looking at their roster yesterday and was like this guy has a decent average and then they go and trade him

He's just average, terrible in the field though.

I'm surprised they were able to get anything for him, really.

Astros are in super-duper fire sale mode. EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Ol Buddy Norris is probably next.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Yeah that would be fucking stupid.

I don't think it would be a terrible deal, if they were somehow able to sign Choo to an extension beyond 2013.

Shin-Soo Choo is a very good player that would look very nice at the top of the Pirates line-up. Marte would be very fortunate to reach Choo's level of production at some point in his career and it most certainly is not going to happen anytime this season.

If the Pirates are truly shopping Marte for an OF, I'd rather they swap him to acquire Choo than Pence or, God forbid, Shane Victorino.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
He's just average, terrible in the field though.

I'm surprised they were able to get anything for him, really.

Astros are in super-duper fire sale mode. EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Ol Buddy Norris is probably next.

Only 27 with some success at the Major League level and under team control until 2017. There is a lot of value in that type of player.

harSon

Banned
I don't think it would be a terrible deal, if they were somehow able to sign Choo to an extension beyond 2013.

Shin-Soo Choo is a very good player that would look very nice at the top of the Pirates line-up. Marte would be very fortunate to reach Choo's level of production at some point in his career and it most certainly is not going to happen anytime this season.

If the Pirates are truly shopping Marte for an OF, I'd rather they swap him to acquire Choo than Pence or, God forbid, Shane Victorino.

How long is Choo under contract for though? And how's his defense?

Edit: He's only under contract through 2013, and has Scott Boras as an agent. Fuck that.

clemenx

Banned

I think it'd be a bad trade because Choo is already 30. But I agree. Choo has always been incredibly underrated.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
He's been shitting the bed for the last three games. I have no clue what the fuck is wrong with him right now, but he's completely fucking us over :/

Looks like JMac of 2010 & 2011. Good stuff, but all over the place.

He had success in the first half by throwing first pitch strikes. He hasn't been doing that since the break. Maybe a problem with mechanics, maybe a mental problem, who knows.

Correia's stay in the bullpen may be short. I wouldn't be against skipping JMac's next start.

harSon

Banned
Looks like JMac of 2010 & 2011. Good stuff, but all over the place.

He had success in the first half by throwing first pitch strikes. He hasn't been doing that since the break. Maybe a problem with mechanics, maybe a mental problem, who knows.

Correia's stay in the bullpen may be short. I wouldn't be against skipping JMac's next start.

McDonald of 2010 and 2011 at least had flashes of brilliance. McDonald of post all-star break 2012 has been absolute trash 100% of the time. I completely expect a hit or walk every time someone comes up to bat against McDonald now.

He definitely needs to miss his next start or go on a "mysterious" 15 day DL, because something's up. The 1-2 punch between him and Burnett was arguably the best aspect of our team too, and now that he's sucking, the acquisition of Wandy is basically a wash in terms of impact :/

And now we can't really use KC to sweeten up a deal considering we're going to need him to sure up our rotation because of McDonald's funk...

harSon

Banned
McDonald is such horse shit now, it's pretty freaking unbelievable how bad he's playing right now.

Edit: Hurdle, what the fuck are you doing. YANK HIS ASS. Hurdle's insistence on letting pitchers struggle through and ride out their bad games is fucking annoying, especially when the person in question is fresh off a three start slump.

Edit 2: Hurdle, you're an idiot.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
McDonald is such horse shit now, it's pretty freaking unbelievable how bad he's playing right now.

Edit: Hurdle, what the fuck are you doing. YANK HIS ASS. Hurdle's insistence on letting pitchers struggle through and ride out their bad games is fucking annoying, especially when the person in question is fresh off a three start slump.

Edit 2: Hurdle, you're an idiot.

Don't worry, I'm sure once Harrell gets pulled, the failpen will take over and the Pirates will end up winning.

newjeruse

Here's an out-of-left field request I put to everyone here:

Can you think of some classic movie moments that share some parallel to classic baseball moments. They can even be a bit of a stretch. For example: Clint Eastwood staring in Unforgiven is comparable to Miguel Cabrera glaring at Roger Clemens after getting knocked down in the WS.

There's a purpose behind this, btw.

Today for Double-A Binghamton, Frank Francisco pitched a scoreless inning of relief, allowing one hit with no walks and no strikeouts.

Francisco threw 12 pitches, nine of which were strikes.

Yesterday, Lynn Worthy of the Binghamton News said Francisco suffered a setback with his strained oblique and was unable to pitch.

Terry Collins told reporters today Francisco would be assessed after today’s outing, should he be able to pitch.

Francisco has been on the disabled list since late June with a strained oblique muscle.
Mike Baxter will also end his rehab stint and come back to the Mets Monday.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
But they still have a shot at the division, right?
The braves are on pace for 91 wins right now. If the phillies go 46-14 they will have a chance!

(if they win 2/3 the rest of the way they will win 85 games..)

They are still in this! Buy buy buy!

edit: the brewers are about to blow the game.

RBH

phillies-sweep.jpg

Nothing warms my heart better than to see the highest-paid closer ever in baseball come in for 8th inning mop up in a 6-2 game.

Upcoming schedule: 4 against the Marlins (without facing Josh Johnson who pitched today) and 3 against the Astros all at home. My body has never been more ready.

harSon

Banned
This run that the Reds are on is stupid. There's no reason you should win 8 of your last 10 games and lose ground within your division :|

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Nothing warms my heart better than to see the highest-paid closer ever in baseball come in for 8th inning mop up in a 6-2 game.

Upcoming schedule: 4 against the Marlins (without facing Josh Johnson who pitched today) and 3 against the Astros all at home. My body has never been more ready.
But can they win on a Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom