• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

So many horrible teams in the NL. Should just get rid of that shitty ass league.

We'll lose with honor. Our game will not be sullied by sideshow additions like the designated hitter. The only real baseball is being played in National League parks.

Sanjuro

Baseball!

ha

hahaha

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

fuck this team

I was watching the Nationals vs Brewers game on my phone at the airport the other day. Aoki hit the home run before my boarding, got on the plane thinking eznark should be ecstatic.

:jnc

ToxicAdam

Can't believe the Indians about threw the season away in Minnesota.

Wouldn't be surprised if Choo, Masterson or Perez are dealt away in the next 48 hours.

eznark

Banned
I was watching the Nationals vs Brewers game on my phone at the airport the other day. Aoki hit the home run before my boarding, got on the plane thinking eznark should be ecstatic.

:jnc

I can't even get mad or happy anymore. I'm being 100% serious when I say that Ron Roenicke is intentionally losing games.

Axford came on in the 8th. Wild pitched in the tying run and almost gave up two homers. Brewers rally in the bottom of 8, score two runs and get to the pitchers spot in the lineup......and Roenicke lets motherfucking John Axford bat. Three actual batters left on the bench, a relatively untaxed bullpen and Roenicke lets Axford (a guy with a dozen blown saves) hit so he can pitch in the ninth.

Mind you, Axford isn't a multiple innings pitcher. He was a "closer" for the last two and a half years. He doesn't pitch in multiple innings. He is also not a hitter. He doesn't have a hit in his entire career. The Brewers bullpen was fresh. Three arms were readily available to pitch the ninth and since the entire bullpen is shit, it's not like Axford was a way better option than anyone else.

The only rational explanation is that Roenicke wanted to lose that baseball game.

Sanjuro

I'm sure Bobby V. will be available next year to manage the Brewers. I feel like I'm the only person who likes the guy in the entire state.

I'm not against closers going multiple innings, but I follow the AL primarily and Axford is having a garbage year.

eznark

Banned
I'm sure Bobby V. will be available next year to manage the Brewers. I feel like I'm the only person who likes the guy in the entire state.

I'm not against closers going multiple innings, but I follow the AL primarily and Axford is having a garbage year.

The funny thing is Axford is no longer the "closer." If Roenicke still considered him the "closer" there is no way he would have allowed Axford to pitch in two innings.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Bobby V is too good at his job.

He has literally taken all the blame for the Red Sox being a .500 team this year (because suddenly thats horrendous), nobody has said shit about the scam artist Carl Crawford, or how bad Pedroia has been or how thoroughly useless everybody in that rotation is outside of one rookie.

Most managers would be getting credit for keeping this season alive, Bobby gets thrown under the bus.

eznark

Banned
is 9.5 back really "keeping the season alive?"

I mean, that team is underachieveing by any measure. I love Bobby V and that organization has a ton of problems but I don't see how he should be getting praised for this season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

They are 4 back in the Wild Card. If some of their guys actually pulled their heads out of their asses and started playing they'd be right back in the thick of the things. This whole Red Sox post-mortem going on right now is so bizarre.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member

I mean, that team is underachieveing by any measure. I love Bobby V and that organization has a ton of problems but I don't see how he should be getting praised for this season.

With roughly 60 games left almost anything can still happen. This is baseball after all.

Sanjuro

I'm not praising him, but I'm not gullible enough to blame him for our "issues". I mean, the Boston media tried to paint a story where the GLORIOUS DRUG ADDICT Tito Francona held court in the Red Sox clubhouse this past series.

It's just silly at this point.

Branduil am cry.

Buster Olney reporting Rangers are serious about acquiring Cliff Lee from Phillies and may offer a package with Mike Olt as the centerpiece.

Sanjuro

Branduil am cry.

Buster Olney reporting Rangers are serious about acquiring Cliff Lee from Phillies.

Ranger fans must be excited. I mentioned the Cliff Lee rumors when I was down there, guy responded "We never get pitchers like that" with a straight face. I wanted to transform into cross-armed Nolan Ryan at that moment.

I made the same reference to Beltre afterward, didn't get that either.

I can't even get mad or happy anymore. I'm being 100% serious when I say that Ron Roenicke is intentionally losing games.

I really believe this after seeing him in the Phillies series. Twice in the same game he did a suicide squeeze with runners on 3rd and first and no outs, and both times it failed and the Brewers got no runs in either inning. He leaves relivers in when they clearly have nothing, but takes out at starter who has only thrown 79 pitchers and is killing it. He has to be the worst manager in baseball.

MLB.Com reporting the Rangers are also discussing Josh Beckett with the Red Sox. The Red Sox also called the Braves about Beckett, but were told they wanted Jon Lester instead. Red Sox said no thanks.

Sanjuro

I think Sanjuro has been #1 Bobby V fan forever. It's the weeabo (am I using that right?) in him.

I don't have any weeabo in my body.

I like Bobby to oppose the irrational hatred he received, he is well spoken (great interviews), and how he a complete asshole in responding to asshole questions.

h3ro

I thought you would of switch your avatar by now since brewcrew season is over and the ARod season is about to start

1Iyyvl.jpg

There can only be one.

Aaron isn't even good enough to be Eli's bottom ho. That spot is reserved for Mr. Bundchen.

zulux21

Rangers are going through a lot of effort and sweat and tears just to lose in the playoffs again.

That is assuming they make the playoffs... if things continue as they have for the last month Oakland and the Angels will pass them and the tigers and white sox will be in front of them leading to those 4 teams going as the division and wild card winners and the rangers sitting out.

that being said, I think Texas is too good to continue to play around .500 ball and will still win the division... which I am hoping as I would love the White Sox to face them in the first round... as the Sox seem to have their number this year lol

Sanjuro

LOL

Maybe my memory is off/wrong, but he had his reservations about Bobby. Hard not to like him though.

Yes/No. I was on board the moment I heard that story about players (lemme guess...BECKETT LESTER LACKEY POPEYE) being promised by the organization that they would never hire a manager like Bobby V.

cashman

Banned
That is assuming they make the playoffs... if things continue as they have for the last month Oakland and the Angels will pass them and the tigers and white sox will be in front of them leading to those 4 teams going as the division and wild card winners and the rangers sitting out.
lol

Jon

Hey guys, remember when I said the Phillies were going to win the World Series this year?

lol.

I will retreat back to my pool of tears.

Malo

Banned

that being said, I think Texas is too good to continue to play around .500 ball and will still win the division... which I am hoping as I would love the White Sox to face them in the first round... as the Sox seem to have their number this year lol
Rangers will definitely make the playoffs, they'll just lose to the yankees in the ALCS or get swept by the pirates in the WS.

JABEE

Why are the Phillies trading Cliff Lee and paying his salary? Is Mike Olt worth it? Would Cliff Lee even get that kind of return? What is going on with these buying and selling rumors?

Edit:
Hey guys, remember when I said the Phillies were going to win the World Series this year?

lol.

I will retreat back to my pool of tears.
I miss those days.

Why are the Phillies trading Cliff Lee and paying his salary? Is Mike Olt worth it? Would Cliff Lee even get that kind of return? What is going on with these buying and selling rumors?

Ricky Ricardo was on the radio yesterday saying Olt is definitely not worth it. He said he strikes out way to much at AA and he is probably multiple years away from even being ready to help in the majors and he is already 23.

Jon

As far as I can tell, Mike Olt isn't a top 25 prospect...he barely cracked Klaw's top 50. Not to mention he is 23 and at AA...granted, the Phillies have a habit of bringing along talent slowly, it's hard to say that he will be a star in either AAA or the majors.

Now, if they traded us...Olt AND Juruckson Profar...and maybe someone like, Ogando...then we could have something brewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom