• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course no replay on that play.
Eh was more clear he was out.

I don't get it though, I don't remember ESPN being ordered to show less replays or something. I mean they showed a replay of a sac fly, for cripes' sake. How about actually showing a replay of a close play or borderline call?

Torre comments that they're looking for the ball up, which is interesting because Dickey throwing a knuckler up isn't really a mistake, he's been throwing a high knuckler on purpose for over a month now. He credits that pitch as the reason for alot of his recent success.

I think that Swisher HR was more due to him being "behind" in the count where Swisher could zone in on it, plus that high knuckler didn't have as much movement.
Why is Justin Turner's walk-up music Call Me Maybe?
The Show Goes On... by Lupe Fiasco. At least that's what it's been.

C'mon Dickey bear down, keep your team in the game. Gotta get out of the inning.

EDIT: There's the high knuckler again, two in a row by design.

Prade

It's definitely Call Me Maybe... Welp like I said on Thursday night, even if the Mets can take 1, they would have gone 11-11 during their hardest stretch of the year. The FO needs to really step up and make a move soon. I don't want to see yet another good start fizzle into another 78 win meaningless season.

It's definitely Call Me Maybe... Welp like I said on Thursday night, even if the Mets can take 1, they would have gone 11-11 during their hardest stretch of the year. The FO needs to really step up and make a move soon. I don't want to see yet another good start fizzle into another 78 win meaningless season.

No problem. Cubs tomorrow. 3 game winning streak incoming.

I like how Tejada tried to get the DP, just wish he didn't throw it away :( He was going to be safe though.

EDIT: .... Dickey never gets angry at umps, does he?

Fox318

Maybe they can trade Bonilla

zOgN1.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
I hate these "anecdote" stories ESPN reporters bring up only after certain situations occur. Why not mention it during pregame? That story Olney told would never even have been mentioned if the Yankees were behind.

So Brandon Beachy is the ERA leader again?

Good thing his season is over! :(
He'll fall behind the innings count soon.
I hate these "anecdote" stories ESPN reporters bring up only after certain situations occur. Why not mention it during pregame? That story Olney told would never even have been mentioned if the Yankees were behind.
I don't understand how the broadcasts are still sub-par with Miller and Morgan gone. I mean it was MILLER AND MORGAN.

Maybe it's not the broadcasters, maybe it's a production thing.

I don't know why catchers play so far up the line. If he blocked the plate at home plate he gets a truer hop and Dickey is probably out. Afraid of being bowled over? It's the pitcher, c'mon! That ain't Micah Owings out there.

bjb

Banned
That Jonathan Sanchez for Melky trade really blew up in the Royal's face. Holy shit Sanchez is awful. Maybe worse than Mike Minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom