• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

Ignoring the fact the numbers for Byrdak and Batista were similar.

EDIT: that pitch isn't really a bad pitch, outside part of the plate. But he got behind in the count, can't pitch like that with his repertoire.

The blame is more on the FO if you asked me. It just amazes me how they only gave Terry one lefty to work with the entire season so far.

LJ11

You wound me to the quick, sir. Have I offended?

Nah, but you know Byrdak was the guy, why was he up?

Terry doesn't have much to work with but he should use what he has and then throw his hands up. Batista for 2 innings is pushing it, it's bad enough we have to use him for one.

Nah, but you know Byrdak was the guy, why was he up?

Terry doesn't have much to work with but he should use what he has and then throw his hands up. Batista for 2 innings is pushing it, it's bad enough we have to use him for one.
Byrdak vs Cano - 2-7
Batista vs. Cano - 3-8 with a HR On Friday, so going into it he was 2-7.

Both small samples sizes, which means you pretty much throw them out. Also Cano hits as well if not better vs. lefties, and Byrdak tends to hang that slider a fuckton. Parnell isn't coming in unless he's closing, so your options are

Jeremy Hefner
Ramon Ramirez
Jon Rauch
Byrdak

Please tell me who's coming in. Please. I'd like to hear your convincing argument.

EDIT: Byrdak? vs. Cano? You have more confidence in him than I do then. Sometimes it's up to the pitcher to get the fucking job done regardless. He shat on Rauch yesterday, but Thole called for a high fastball and Rauch put it exactly where Thole wanted it. Chavez just hacked at a pitch eye-level outta the park.

With 4 straight lefties due up, conventional wisdom says to use him.
Sometimes conventional wisdom is dead wrong. What if all 4 lefties hit better vs. lefties? Do you still use Byrdak? Look, I'm not endorsing Batista here, but this isn't like Friday where he made a completely stupid pitch. Cano hit a good pitch out, I'm wondering what are we saying if Byrdak pulled a Todd Helton special like he did in Colorado?

If you're saying pitch Ramirez, that's more interesting. I didn't even think he'd be back this soon, I hope that's addressed in case the Mets lose.

EDIT: Oh ump...

Prade

The yanks have not played a good series AT ALL. It's really a testament to how freaking good they are to overcome all the nonsense we've seen from them.

Terrible at-bat by Tejada.
Took a few good pitches, worked it to 3-0. Took a strike, then squared up a strike and put it in play. I'd love more of those terrible ABs then, the guy is 2-2 with a sac fly (2-3 now). I mean he's not Wright but he's not a scrub.

EDIT: Parnell better have been pitching in the 9th.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Took a few good pitches, worked it to 3-0. Took a strike, then squared up a strike and put it in play. I'd love more of those terrible ABs then, the guy is 2-2 with a sac fly (2-3 now). I mean he's not Wright but he's not a scrub.
Started out well enough, but why would you ever take a 3-0 pitch with the tying run at third and Wright on deck? Then he rolls over on the next pitch. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it wasn't good.

Started out well enough, but why would you ever take a 3-0 pitch with the tying run at third and Wright on deck? Then he rolls over on the next pitch. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it wasn't good.
... so he could take a walk and have Wright bat? I mean he didn't swing at a ball, so that's why I was confused by what you meant initially. The result wasn't good, but the approach has been par for the course with Hudgens.
Mets will walk it off. I believe.
Walk off an injury?

Link

The Autumn Wind
... so he could take a walk and have Wright bat? I mean he didn't swing at a ball, so that's why I was confused by what you meant initially. The result wasn't good, but the approach has been par for the course with Hudgens.
Yeah, but you know you're getting a fastball down the middle. I'd agree with you if they were down by more than one run or the tying run wasn't on third.

And that's game, Yankees win. It was pretty adorable when the Met fans thought they had a chance to win, I guess some people never learn. That was fun, Let's do it again sometime!

That first pitch was the one to hit.
One of many hanging curves he threw that inning. Ike did put good wood on him but a long out...

Like Link mentioned, Mets go 11-11 in that killer stretch. Should've been better though... Mets better win 2 or sweep in Chicago.

Link

The Autumn Wind
And that's game, Yankees win. It was pretty adorable when the Met fans thought they had a chance to win, I guess some people never learn. That was fun, Let's do it again sometime!
Do Yankees fans just make up stuff to say is wrong? Not a single Mets fan in here thought they were going to win once the bullpen came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom