• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is there really any question who is losing playing time? Michael Young is fucking finished. Like completely done. They really should just DFA him instead of having him throw his tantrum when he loses playing time.

Is there really any question who is losing playing time? Michael Young is fucking finished. Like completely done. They really should just DFA him instead of having him throw his tantrum when he loses playing time.
We talking normal done, or Jason Bay done? lemme see his numbers.

EDIT: He's not TERRIBLE. I mean he's not great, but he's serviceable. He shouldn't be playing everyday, but he has a little left.

cashman

Banned

You forget that Ron Washington still makes the decisions around here. This could mean the end of Young at third base though.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
DICKEY-REAX.gif

Groundball to Parnell, he flips it to Davis for the out, PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!

Mets survive after not some epic Chinese Badminton team action, and manages to win despite having the bases loaded about 15 times. Parnell actually records a 1-2-3 save, and Ruben Tejada had a great night going 3-4 with a HR, walk and having another hit robbed. Niese goes to 8-5, and rebounds after a horrendous last outing.

Mets are poised for the series win tomorrow with Chris Young vs. Barry Zito.

And even if everything I say is wrong and the Phillies magically buy themselves into contention, they STILL don't have as bright of a future as the Rangers, which was my entire point in the first place.

If that was your point then we agree. The Rangers will be a good team long after the Phillies implode, but I dont want the Phils to just be good for a while. I want them to load up and take another run or 2 at a WS. After that they can be terrible for a few years while they wait for all the bad contracts to expire and then try to rebuild.

Macattk15

As a Jays fan, I had to laugh at this. Must have felt really good for Thames.

Yeah. I don't expect much from the guy. But he has to be able to contribute more than Carlos Peguero did.

Still, what a better way to say FU to your former team though. I'd love to be in that position.

harSon

Banned
http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-pirates/f/49906cfd-1c5d-4537-87e6-471f314f6af9/?source=twitter#

Apparently Soriano had a no trade clause to the Pirates in his contract:
Alfonso Soriano, who has a no-trade clause, reportedly would not have allowed a trade to the Pirates, although it's not clear whether the Pirates were in discussions to get him.

As for what the Phillies wanted for Victorino or Pence:
Here are some details of the Pirates' pursuit of Hunter Pence and Shane Victorino: The Pirates made several offers for both. But the Phillies asked for Brad Lincoln, Bryan Morris and a third piece for Victorino. Pence was complex. The Phillies asked for Starling Marte, Lincoln and a third piece depending on money involved. Also wanted an infielder the Pirates didn't have to give up. Have heard of other offers the Pirates had that I’d consider, but not these from the way they're described.

And what the Padres wanted from us for Headley:
Here's another one that was on the table for the Pirates, one that -- unlike the Philly offers -- I'd have considered: The Padres' ask for Chase Headley was three-fold: 1. A top-5 prospect. 2. Lincoln or the lottery pick. 3. Additional piece. Headley's 28 years old, can play corner OF and is under control through 2014. Is that one you'd at least toss around for discussion? You’d keep Marte and top pitching prospects. This might be how "all in" gets defined ultimately. But no easy call.

jakncoke

Banned
Was that set in place before we got good, because if so i could understand. But if he said it this year. What sense does that even make? Stay with a loser Cubs team or go to a team thats probably going to the playoffs

harSon

Banned
Was that set in place before we got good, because if so i could understand. But if he said it this year. What sense does that even make? Stay with a loser Cubs team or go to a team thats probably going to the playoffs

He could still waive it...

It seems like every player in the league has a no trade clause to the Pirates. I guess we earned it with our 19 season losing streak?

And it seems like the Phillies were banking on us being desperate and overpaying for Pence, considering the Giants seem to get him considerably cheaper than what they were asking us for him.

harSon

Banned
The fucking Reds are going to win again... 17-3 after the all star break... fucking stupid.

I hope we destroy them this next series.

harSon

Banned
Reds are absurd. Cueto's not even pitching .well today

They're without Votto, Phillips and Ludwick too, and they still dominate the fucking plate. I don't understand :|

And why did the Padres hang on to Quentin and Headley? They're not going to be competitive anytime soon...

Edit: Nevermind, I found the problem. The Padres have Ohlendorf pitching.

If y'all can't beat The Reds without Phillips or Votto, y'all not for real.

Eh, after last years Cardinals run, I don't think anybody can predict with any real certainty what is 'real' and what isn't anymore. Even if the Pirates were to get swept in a series that they should sweep, it doesn't mean much. I'm just happy that a team with 20 years of humiliation can get back to winning baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom