• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I really don't understand how waivers work.

To my understanding its basically like this

Anyone can claim him off waivers. If multiple teams claim him, priority goes to being in the same league and it goes to weaker team (based off record).

Teams can either
-Set up a trade for player with the claiming team.
-Allow claiming team to just take the player with full contract
-or rescind the waiver and nothing happens.

If no one claims you after 3 days, you can freely trade the player or release him.

dmag1223

So, Reds have won 20 of their last 23. I don't care who your opponents are, that's hard to do with your best player by FAR on the DL.

Crazy to think what this offense wil look like with Votto and Phillips back in the lineup. Really liked Cozart batting 6th in the lineup today. perfect spot for him.

lol the Giants crew keeps calling Scott Hairston "Babe Hairston". They are in mortal fear of him, but in fairness he's hit a shitton of HRs against the Giants in his career.

Crazy to think what this offense wil look like with Votto and Phillips back in the lineup. Really liked Cozart batting 6th in the lineup today. perfect spot for him.

Eznark said "The Reds season is over" and I said, half-jokingly, "Well, at least it will force Dusty to get creative and rearrange the lineup." I hope Dusty doesn't fall back into his old ways when Votto gets back.

They called that a HIT? Official scoring is TERRIBLE in AT&T Park. Simply terrible.

EDIT: I don't want to nitpick... but you gotta make Scutaro make a good throw Cedeno. You can't just run into the out.

Wright bloops an RBI double, 5-0 Mets! More 2-out RBIs and they lead the league!

How did Melk dud get a Heart & Hustle award from San Fran? Dude sold Sabean a false bill of goods.

EDIT: And Babe Hairston JUST missed making it 7-0.

Hundreds of players get put on revocable waivers on August 1 because there's no risk involved. If a team claims them, you can pull them back. Lee being put on waivers is not news at all. No team will claim contracts that huge because if they do, they can get stuck with it if the original team decides to just let him go. This happened to the Giants in 2010 when they claimed Cody Ross just to keep him away from the Padres. Marlins just said, "Oh well, take him." That stuck them with about six outfielders, although it turned out to be a huge move for them.

I remember the White Sox also put a claim on Alex Rios a few years ago and the Blue Jays said, "Awesome. Take him." White Sox have been stuck paying Rios ever since.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
drhLQ.jpg

Cliff Lee has a no-trade clause to 21 teams. The Yankees, Braves, and Marlins are NOT on his no-trade list.

The Diamondbacks were the team going hardest for him at the deadline, but they are on his list.

Cliff Lee has a no-trade clause to 21 teams. The Yankees, Braves, and Marlins are NOT on his no-trade list.

The Diamondbacks were the team going hardest for him at the deadline, but they are on his list.

Amaro was asked about the Rangers and Diamondbacks interest in Lee and he said both teams kicked the tires but neither team was actually interested. He said neither team even made any offer at all.

harSon

Banned
McCutchen wins NL player of the month for the second month in a row! While his average has maintained, his power dropped considerably this month and he wasn't quite as dominant as a result, so I'm not exactly sure if I agree with his selection.

HeySeuss

Eznark said "The Reds season is over" and I said, half-jokingly, "Well, at least it will force Dusty to get creative and rearrange the lineup." I hope Dusty doesn't fall back into his old ways when Votto gets back.

You know he will. But he's not back until next week so the offense shouldn't see a dip in production against the Pirates(hopefully). Personally I'd keep Phillips at the 3 spot and put Votto at cleanup. Then bump Bruce to 5 or 6.

McCutchen wins NL player of the month for the second month in a row! While his average has maintained, his power dropped considerably this month and he wasn't quite as dominant as a result, so I'm not exactly sure if I agree with his selection.

Who the fuck else in the NL is gonna get it? SMH

Braun I guess.

Scott Podsednik, who was acquired by the Diamondbacks from the Red Sox in the Craig Breslow/Matt Albers swap, has declined his assignment to Class AAA Reno. He is now a free agent.

tc farks

McCutchen winning it is fair. It could have gone to Ryan Zimmerman though, as well.

Anthony Rizzo won the NL Rookie of the Month:

Chicago Cubs ‏@Cubs
Congrats Anthony Rizzo, who was NL Rookie of the Month for July after leading NL rookies with 32 hits, 7 HR, 17 RBI and 55 total bases.

Anthony Rizzo won the NL Rookie of the Month:

It's still insane to think how bad he was for the Padres last year. That park is where hitters go to die. I don't know how Adrian did it there. Supposedly, the new ownership group is going to bring in PETCO's fences in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom