• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Astros080612.gif

That has the highest concentration of fail of any sports gif that I think I've ever seen. Others might have one part, but that has several layers of subtlety.

McNei1y

That has the highest concentration of fail of any sports gif that I think I've ever seen. Others might have one part, but that has several layers of subtlety.

All it needed was for the final overthrow to go into the stands for a Kurt Suzuki bunt that turned into an inside the park homerun due to errors.

Talon

Holy shit, I completely missed that third player diving in for God knows what reason in that collision between the mound and home plate.

jakncoke

Banned
Get a different phone. I pay $25 for 300 mins and unlimited text and data.

i was going for basically the cheapest i could find because im a filthy poor. which phone do you have? 25 bucks 300 and unlimited text is so much better deal than i have. the one job i called put me on hold for like 8 minutes.. thats 13.3% my overall minutes ffs

i was going for basically the cheapest i could find because im a filthy poor. which phone do you have? 25 bucks 300 and unlimited text is so much better deal than i have. the one job i called put me on hold for like 8 minutes.. thats 13.3% my overall minutes ffs

I have virgin mobile, I just went into a store and bought the cheapest phone they had. It looks like my plan is now $35 on their site, so I must have been grandfathered in. Maybe if you call them they could give you a cheaper rate. http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans/overview/

harSon

Banned
I have to take my nephew to an As game tomorrow. My brother failed in raising him as a Pirates fan :|

At least the seats are pretty nice, one of the many benefits of your team sucking more times than not in a run down stadium in the middle of the hood.

ZeroRay

Man, Griffey's unused potential still makes me sad.

I found a new pastime now. That is bitch at the Marlins on its official Facebook. Me and the hundred other fans.

Oh and what a terrible logo.

Braves/Phillies lineups. Uggla gets a day off because of his poor numbers against Hamels (8-for-55).

Braves 8/7 Lineup
1. Michael Bourn - CF
2. Martin Prado - 2B
3. Jason Heyward - RF
4. Chipper Jones - 3B
5. Freddie Freeman - 1B
6. Brian McCann - C
7. Reed Johnson - LF
8. Paul Janish - SS
9. Mike Minor - P

Phillies 8/7 Lineup
1. Jimmy Rollins - SS
2. Domonic Brown - LF
3. Chase Utley - 2B
4. Ryan Howard - 1B
5. John Mayberry Jr. - CF
6. Eric Kratz - C
7. Nate Schierholz - RF
8. Kevin Frandsen - 3B
9. Cole Hamels - P

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
NEW YORK -- On the day the Mets announced that left fielder Jason Bay will become a platoon player, general manager Sandy Alderson said the Mets have no plans to swallow the final guaranteed season of his four-year, $66 million contract.

"Certainly, there are times when it is appropriate to eat a contract," Alderson told ESPN New York "There are other times when it is not. Jason Bay is not going anywhere, nor is his contract."

Bay will not be going out to the field as often. Alderson said the right-handed hitting Bay will predominately play against left-handed pitching the rest of the way. Manager Terry Collins later confirmed that Bay will be sitting against most righties as the left-handed hitting Jordany Valdespin and Mike Baxter will receive more playing time.

Bay, who turns 34, is due to make $16 million next season. If he were to have 600 at-bats in 2013, his contract calls for $17 million in 2014. The most at-bats Bay has had in a season as a Met is 444 last year. If Bay doesn't return in 2014, the Mets would owe him a $3 million buyout so, essentially, there is $19 million that the Mets would have to swallow if they didn't bring back Bay next season.

Entering Tuesday's game, in which he was due to start against lefty Wade LeBlanc, Bay was hitting .154 with five homers and 11 RBIs in 130 at-bats. This season he has suffered a concussion and a fractured rib, which have limited him to 40 games.

"He is just has not been able to get on the field except for a few games at a time because of the injuries," Alderson said. "It has shown up in his performance. It really has been a hard luck story since he arrived here with a number of injuries that have caused him to be on the field and off the field on an intermittent basis. So hopefully, we can keep him healthy and have him play over a more prolong period, maybe primarily against left-handed pitching and let's see if we can get him going."

Like he does with all decisions, Alderson left open the possibility that he could change his mind about keeping Bay for next season.

"That is our position now, nothing is 100 percent certainty in baseball," Alderson said. "You know that."

For the rest of this year, though, the Mets are set on Bay being a platoon player. Collins, who has been one of Bay's bigger supporters, planned on explaining it to him.

"We are going to, depending on who is on the mound, make some adjustments out there," Collins said. "We have to get our left-handed bats in the lineup."

Those guys have given us some good opportunities to win some games. I want to make sure they get out there. It will depend on matchups.

"Jason is going to get plenty of at-bats to get it going," Collins added.

Mets co-owner Jeff Wilpon, in attendance for the unveiling of the 2013 All-Star logo, declined to answer questions about the team's future payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom