• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Impressive Sheets saberfacts:

Season FIP before today: 1.95
Season FIP after today: 2.80

Season K/9 before today: 8.39
Season K/9 after today: 6.47

Macattk15

With that 4.57 it's like he's always pitching against the Mariners.

EDIT: Nice that Vargas calmed down after a rough start, too bad run support was abysmal. Tillman's got good stuff, though.

Tillman always puts it in our pooper :(

They always get better when they leave :(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
something something heyward blah blah batting order blah blah
I slightly disagree, in that he should have never sent them out there to pitch that inning in the first place.
yeah i probably wouldn't have sent him out, but the braves had a 4 run lead and the bullpen has been worked a lot lately. I'll let it slide.

harSon

Banned
This game had it all. A perfect inning by Qualls, a 2 hit shutout by Bedard, Marte drawing a walk, Barmes hitting the fence for a double.

I don't even...

zulux21

beautiful job by chris sale to take runners on first and third no outs and giving up no runs.
also nice to see him have a few extra MPH on his fastball after the extra rest.

zulux21

10 game losing streak for The Indians. OUCH
i'm glad my white sox don't face them again until the end of sept... if they were next up for the white sox I could see the indians snapping that lose streak with a sweep lol

edit: don't you dare blow the save reed @_@ the sox need to win this as the tigers are playing really well recently.
edit 2: thank god our shortstop has a really strong arm.
edit 3: oddly enough if the indians had been on a 10 game win streak instead of a lose streak they still wouldn't be in first :p also yay the AL central isn't the last to 60 wins. that goes to the NL west ^^

GODDAMN IT YOU FUCKING IDIOT ASTROS

JnMz3.gif

Astros are still fucking trash. Should have won it right there. Too scared for their first walk-off win of the year.

Nice of MLB Gameday to completely break right now. I have to follow what's going on through the wonderful ESPN comments...

gameday shit the bed. Did the nats get out of it, or did the asstros win?

Nats got out of it. Clippard struck out Gonzalez and Wallace. 4-4 in 10th now.

Gonzalez didn't even bother swinging with the winning run on 3rd and 1 out. Watched a changeup and two fastballs right down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom