• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Lolol @ Melky. Shocker of the century that one.

Careful.. glass houses and all that. Not that McCutchen is definitely juicing, but it wouldn't surprise a soul if he was given how much of a jump he's taken this year.

McCutchen is 25 years old and has been steadily improving each season since coming into the league. Plus his improvement this year has a lot to do with his improved swing.

Pirates are finishing 3rd in their division.

The Pirates are getting into the playoffs. The Cardinals, while certainly improved, aren't exactly setting the league on fire right now. They're a few games over .500 since the All-Star break, and even with the Pirates recent shit streak, the Cardinals aren't doing that much better themselves.

Careful.. glass houses and all that. Not that McCutchen is definitely juicing, but it wouldn't surprise a soul if he was given how much of a jump he's taken this year.

Andrew McCutchen doesn't have a history of being total fucking garbage before inexplicably becoming a great player.

harSon

Banned
As much as I hate the Giants and all Bay Area teams, I can't bring myself to hate on Lincecum right now due to McDonald's similar struggles at the mound :|

Eh, fuck it. LOL Lincecum. This Giants collapse is going to be beautiful to watch.

As much as I hate the Giants and all Bay Area teams, I can't bring myself to hate on Lincecum right now due to McDonald's similar struggles at the mound :|

Eh, fuck it. LOL Lincecum. This Giants collapse is going to be beautiful to watch.

Don't be so quick. I would fucking laugh till I cried if the Giants got in and the Pirates fell apart. I mean look at the last 25 years of Pirates history.

from Milkman to Juiceman. To be honest, I don't blame him for taking the chance. If he had not gotten caught, he could have been looking at a HUGE payday this offseason. $10-12 million+ Per for multiple years. Now that he's caught it's not like he'll be blackballed. Another team will give him a chance and his contract probably won't be that different from pre-roids Melky's numbers would have earned. His only dumb move was not using better masking agents. He also should have purposely contracted herpes so that he could have that wild card in his back pocket, like Braun.

Malo

Banned
from Milkman to Juiceman. To be honest, I don't blame him for taking the chance. If he had not gotten caught, he could have been looking at a HUGE payday this offseason. $10-12 million+ Per for multiple years. Now that he's caught it's not like he'll be blackballed. Another team will give him a chance and his contract probably won't be that different from pre-roids Melky's numbers would have earned. His only dumb move was not using better masking agents. He also should have purposely contracted herpes so that he could have that wild card in his back pocket, like Braun.
Lechero just isn't that smart.

pfl0V.jpg

Melky is one PA short of qualifying for the NL batting title. He can still win it with an adjusted average (they would add an extra 0-for-1) if no one finishes at .346. You need 502 PAs by the end of the season to qualify. Melky has 501.

Andrew McCutchen is currently hitting .359. Joey Votto is hitting .342

Dang it Kemp for rushing back too soon....Gonna cost him the title

Blearth

Banned
I was so excited that we finally had a decent lineup

Pagan
Scutaro
Cabrera
Posey
Sandoval
Pence
Belt
Crawford
Pitcher

We only got to use this lineup for ONE FUCKING GAME!!!

The Pirates are getting into the playoffs. The Cardinals, while certainly improved, aren't exactly setting the league on fire right now. They're a few games over .500 since the All-Star break, and even with the Pirates recent shit streak, the Cardinals aren't doing that much better themselves.
We'll see. On paper, the Cards are a much more talented team. Depends on whether or not our bats start hitting more consistently. It should be a close race either way.

I hope the Giants do pick up Soriano. Him trying to play left field in San Fran would be a laugh riot.
Soriano and Zito on the same team? That offseason was a riot.

tc farks

Soriano's arm helps mask his defensive shortcomings. I've seen a lot worse.

He is on pace 4 WAR season this year (Melky 5.2). Would be a smart pickup by the Giants. Unfortunately for them Soriano has come out and said he won't accept a trade there. Of course things can change.

Meier

Andrew McCutchen doesn't have a history of being total fucking garbage before inexplicably becoming a great player.

Yeah, I don't think McCutcheon is doing anything wrong personally, but I'm just saying that a guy raising his BA by 100 points from one season to the next can raise some eyebrows.

Of course I picked last year to take him relatively early in fantasy and he had to go off this year instead. :(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Victor Conte- Balco Founder said:
The T/E test is easy to beat. Only the dumber than dumb get caught RT @Leroy1027 What are your thoughts on Melky's positive drug test?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...e-thinks-melky-cabrera-just-isnt-very-bright/
lol
Soriano's arm helps mask his defensive shortcomings. I've seen a lot worse.

He is on pace 4 WAR season this year (Melky 5.2). Would be a smart pickup by the Giants. Unfortunately for them Soriano has come out and said he won't accept a trade there. Of course things can change.
a lot of Soriano's value is in his defense which is all over the place with the metrics. UZR has loved him the last 3 years but DRS hates him (well this year he is slightly above average).

tc farks

lol
a lot of Soriano's value is in his defense which is all over the place with the metrics. UZR has loved him the last 3 years but DRS hates him (well this year he is slightly above average).

His defense is hard to judge. But I think he gets a bad rap because you will see some dumb mental error or him jogging to the ball. And he will slug .500.

It's worth it when you know the Cubs will pay that contract.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Baby Strasburg is already up to 58 pitches after 3. Better take him out now.
they should put him on the 60 day DL just to be safe
His defense is hard to judge. But I think he gets a bad rap because you will see some dumb mental error or him jogging to the ball. And he will slug .500.

It's worth it when you know the Cubs will pay that contract.
yeah with them paying the entire contract it should be a no-brainer, but then again the cubs might want a decent prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom