• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
melkycabrerakissyface.jpg

Toth

So many Cabreras....he's the one the Yankees used to have, right? The one who was partying with Cano every night and screwing up his development?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
at 501 PAs he won't qualify for the batting title, unless the giants play less than 162 gms.
So many Cabreras....he's the one the Yankees used to have, right? The one who was partying with Cano every night and screwing up his development?
yes

And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.

There is no way they can possibly just blow up this team, but if any team can it's the Boston Red Sox. Problem is we are stuck with a team where several components simply aren't that good anymore.

We don't have anything resembling a working rotation. I've been very pleased by Buchholz's progression and Doubront has proven to be a solid back of the rotation guy.

We don't have a closer. I'm hoping they boot Aceves out of the closing spot, give Bailey as many opportunities possible for the remainder of the season.

Offensively and defensively, we're fine, but you have a few guys now that you are questioning. If any of these dramatics hadn't happened, Youkilis would still have a job.

Right now it's certainly interesting. I'm still enjoying heading to the ballpark without spending a small fortune for once.

I think you're forgetting one of their biggest problems: all those untradeable contracts. Lackey, Crawford, Beckett, Gonzalez...even if the Red Sox really wanted to blow things up, I think they'd have a hard time finding buyers. They'd probably have to chip in pretty significant cash, and that wouldn't help them if they're worried about the luxury tax (which they seemed to be this past offseason, though with Youkilis, Ortiz, etc. off/coming off the books, I guess there's a little more flexibility?).

And, speaking as a outside observer/Jays fan, would you really want Ben Cherington guiding your rebuilding process? Unless you want a team stacked full of relievers and middle infielders, it doesn't seem like he has the right kind of vision. (I have to admit I'm hoping that Henry & Co. really lose it this offseason, decide that Cherington is the one to blame, and, continuing their theme of hiring ESPN people, replace him with Jim Bowden.)

Jesus Christ.

Edit: Even if Doyers win the west there is no way that piece of shit team is going anywhere in the playoffs.
neither are we probably

You're not even getting into the playoffs now. That wildcard spot belongs to the Pirates now :)

Thats with LA pulling away which they might. But they have been sticking right around us. We shall see now that Melky is gone. Maybe Pablo and Pence get hot and Posey stays hot.

Melky is one PA short of qualifying for the NL batting title. He can still win it with an adjusted average (they would add an extra 0-for-1) if no one finishes at .346. You need 502 PAs by the end of the season to qualify. Melky has 501.

Andrew McCutchen is currently hitting .359. Joey Votto is hitting .342

Sanjuro

I think you're forgetting one of their biggest problems: all those untradeable contracts. Lackey, Crawford, Beckett, Gonzalez...even if the Red Sox really wanted to blow things up, I think they'd have a hard time finding buyers. They'd probably have to chip in pretty significant cash, and that wouldn't help them if they're worried about the luxury tax (which they seemed to be this past offseason, though with Youkilis, Ortiz, etc. off/coming off the books, I guess there's a little more flexibility?).

And, speaking as a outside observer/Jays fan, would you really want Ben Cherington guiding your rebuilding process? Unless you want a team stacked full of relievers and middle infielders, it doesn't seem like he has the right kind of vision. (I have to admit I'm hoping that Henry & Co. really lose it this offseason, decide that Cherington is the one to blame, and, continuing their theme of hiring ESPN people, replace him with Jim Bowden.)

I'm not forgetting anything. We pay for pretty much all of our departed company.

Giants have 45 games left, so that obviously expels Melky from the rest of the season. If the Giants make it to the playoffs, Melky would have to miss 5 playoff games. If they don't, Melky has to sit out the first 5 games of the 2013 season.

Meier

Lolol @ Melky. Shocker of the century that one.

I'm surprised fans didn't vote his needle into the all-star game too

Careful.. glass houses and all that. Not that McCutchen is definitely juicing, but it wouldn't surprise a soul if he was given how much of a jump he's taken this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom