• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. 7 games ain't shit. A week ago, the Pirates were just 2.5 games back. I think it could work the other way.
But the Reds aren't winning with smoke and mirrors like the Pirates were because of OBP!
seriously though, you guys are getting Votto back soon and we still haven't played the Washington Walgreens yet

ZeroRay

Hanley trade continues to pay off. I hated losing Lindblom but boy, helluva pay off so far.

Edit: Oops, Eovaldi was the one that went for HanRam, Lindblom was for Victorino. Eovaldi also has a chance to be fantastic but still, a fantastic deal.

Grr...

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
FanGraphs Fielding Runs:

1. Braves - 42.4
2. Mariners - 40.3
3. Angels - 25.9
4. Red Sox - 22.0
5. Diamondbacks - 20.7

My god, over twice the 5th place team.

Malo

Banned
Even when bunting Jeter can't help but GIDP
J4J02.jpg

This needs to be updated.

harSon

Banned
It's very unfair to Hurdle to blame him for the players' ineptitude.

No it's not.

This is the second season in a row where his team has completely fallen apart in the 2nd half of the season. His job as manager is to give his player a chance to win the game, and as someone who has watched 90% of the games this season, I can confidently say that between his questionable daily lineups and horrible in game management (dude has single handedly cost us a shit ton of games due to his inability to pull an obviously ailing pitcher), he has failed to live up to what's expected of him.

We're definitely going to break the 19 season losing streak, but that shouldn't be taken as an accomplishment, nor is it due to Hurdle's efforts.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.masnsports.com/steve_mel...ching-philosophy-we-dont-like-the-cutter.html

Really interesting read.

Totally get his primary points in that wasting time learning a cutter slows down development, by not focusing on an actual primary breaking pitch and stunting both control and velocity development. But boxing yourself 100% in totally against the use of a specific pitch is pretty far out there.

I'd imagine they are taking a more nuanced approach and its backed by extensive analytic data to come to this conclusion but maybe not.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_mel...ching-philosophy-we-dont-like-the-cutter.html

Really interesting read.

Totally get his primary points in that wasting time learning a cutter slows down development, by not focusing on an actual primary breaking pitch and stunting both control and velocity development. But boxing yourself 100% in totally against the use of a specific pitch is pretty far out there.

I'd imagine they are taking a more nuanced approach and its backed by extensive analytic data to come to this conclusion but maybe not.

David Price is doing better now that he doesn't use the cutter.

jman2050

The cutter seems to function best as an augmentation to an already developed repertoire. Over-reliance on it when you're name's not Mariano Rivera is typically a bad sign.

eznark

Banned

Really interesting read.

Mike Maddox is fuuuuuuuuuuuucked

mernst23

With Henderson's BS yesterday the Brewers now have blown 23 this year.

To put that in perspective, if axford had the year he had last year this year (2 BS overall), the Brewers would be 73-43, 1 game in the lead for best record in the NL.

Wow is the only thing that can be said.

To put that in perspective, if axford had the year he had last year this year (2 BS overall), the Brewers would be 73-43, 1 game in the lead for best record in the NL.

Jesus!

sangreal

that is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom