• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
tkgkm.jpg

I did similar when Horry's 3 pointer rolled out of the rim against the Spurs many years ago.

It's why Utley is my favorite player. He plays every game like he is in a pennant race. The attitude he plays the game with spreads. It's why this team has was hurting at the end of last season when Utley was playing on bum knees. He lost a lot of his power and speed. These are the kind of games you can build off of for next season. No tanking to end the season. Utley and the vets wouldn't allow it.

If Utley had been even close to this last year they would have gone so much further. Oh well 2 from the Nats. Team is playing great now that Chase and Ryan are back.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Red Sox have suspended closer Alfredo Aceves three games for "conduct detrimental to the team".

Sources said Saturday that the suspension was the result of Aceves' insisting on meeting with GM Ben Cherington on Saturday to voice his displeasure over not closing. Cherington declined to meet with him, saying he was too busy. Aceves then "disappeared" from the ballpark, and subsequently was suspended.
hehe

AJ getting tossed out was horseshit. What a terrible umpire.

The other horseshit thing is that Hawk will get a call from Selig because god for-fucking-bid that an announcer says what's on his mind.

glad we won though.

Meier

I still can't believe we took on Crawford's contract. I just don't know man. I wouldn't have minded if we re-signed Victorino but that's obviously out of the question. Hopefully Crawford is ready by Spring Training like they suggested. The thought of a "speed guy" being on $20+ million a year for 5 more years in his 30s is just insanity. I still can't get over that deal.

Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about the money.

I want Stanton on my team.

He is on a tear right now. Seems like he's hitting a HR every game.

Meier

Arguably the worst thing about the Crawford acquisition is the fact that it means we won't get to see Yasiel Puig get any sort of regular play time for years.

Seguin

Banned
They should just dump him, I love how these shitty closers think they're entitled to always and forever be closers once they get put in that position. Maybe the Dodgers want him.

Not only that, but he gave up 5 runs the night before...dude needed a day off. I think it just comes down to ego for him.

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR AUGUST 24

**Houston Astros have been mathematically eliminated from the NL Central**

-- Yankees lead over the Rays in the AL East remained at 3.5 games
-- Yankees lead over the Orioles in the AL East decreased to 4.0 games

-- White Sox lead over the Tigers in the AL Central remained at 2.5 games

-- Rangers lead over the Athletics in the AL West remained at 6.0 games
-- Rangers lead over the Angels in the AL West increased to 9.5 games

-- Rays lead over Athletics/Orioles in AL Wild Card #1 decreased to 0.5 game
-- Athletics and Orioles remain tied for AL Wild Card #2
-- Athletics/Orioles lead over Tigers in AL Wild Card #2 remained at 1.0 game
-- Athletics/Orioles lead over Angels in AL Wild Card #2 increased to 3.5 games

-- Nationals lead over Braves in NL East decreased to 5.5 games

-- Reds lead over the Cardinals in the NL Central increased to 7.0 games

-- Giants lead over the Dodgers in the NL West decreased to 2.0 games

-- Braves lead over the Cardinals in NL Wild Card #1 increased to 2.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over Dodgers in NL Wild Card #2 decreased to 0.5 game
-- Cardinals lead over Pirates in NL Wild Card #2 decreased to 1.0 games
-- Cardinals lead over the Diamondbacks in NL Wild Card #2 remained at 5.5 games

Remaining games:
Yankees - 36 (18 away, 18 home, 3 off-days / 15 vs. +.500)
White Sox - 37 (19 away, 18 home, 2 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)
Rangers - 36 (19 away, 17 home, 3 off-days / 19 vs. +.500)
Rays - 35 (19 away, 16 home, 4 off-days / 22 vs. +.500)
Athletics - 36 (22 away, 14 home, 3 off-days / 23 vs. +.500)
Orioles - 36 (18 away, 17 home, 3 off-days / 20 vs. +.500)
Tigers - 36 (19 away, 17 home, 3 off-days / 14 vs. +.500)
Angels - 35 (16 away, 19 home, 4 off-days / 20 vs. +.500)

Nationals - 36 (15 away, 21 home, 3 off-days / 13 vs. +.500)
Reds - 34 (19 away, 15 home, 5 off-days / 16 vs. +.500)
Giants - 35 (18 away, 17 home, 4 off-days / 16 vs. +.500)
Braves - 35 (19 away, 16 home, 4 off-days / 7 vs. +.500)
Cardinals - 36 (21 away, 15 home, 3 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)
Dodgers - 35 (17 away, 18 home, 4 off-days / 22 vs. +.500)
Pirates - 36 (17 away, 19 home, 3 off-days / 12 vs. +.500)
Diamondbacks - 35 (17 away, 18 home, 4 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)

I still can't believe we took on Crawford's contract. I just don't know man. I wouldn't have minded if we re-signed Victorino but that's obviously out of the question. Hopefully Crawford is ready by Spring Training like they suggested. The thought of a "speed guy" being on $20+ million a year for 5 more years in his 30s is just insanity. I still can't get over that deal.

Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about the money.

I just have this weird feeling Victorino won't be the odd man out.. He prob be resigned.

Sharp

MLB will do something about it. No way they allow a cheater to win the Batting title after he admitted it/tried to fraud it up.
Why? They never have before. Anyway, what if we found out later Cutch was on steroids? You can't take away what players have done like that.

Seguin

Banned
I thought they prorate AB or something. Doesn't he have 501 or something?

EDIT: ah 459.

He has 501 plate appearances. I believe to be eligible to win you need 3.1*amount of team games, meaning at least 502 plate appearances.

They add one PA (or however many are needed) and basically have him go 0-1 and re-calculate his BA. I don't see why the MLB would do anything. The cat is already out of the bag.

Or I guess I'm wrong. Whatever. Don't see what it matters anyway, it would still be tainted in everyone's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom