• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he say now Frank?
Burkhardt is off today and some lady in a nice blue blazer is filling in. Keith mentioned how nice she looked in her blazer, which has a somewhat revealing v-neck line. Cohen mentioned you never commented on how Kevin looked, and I could hear the gears turning in Keith's head...

Just don't reply or the ACLU will kill you Keith.
Is Brandon Phillips the only position player on the Reds who isn't white?
In fairness, the Reds are pretty white as a team. I remember in the 80s when baseball was like 20% African-American. *sigh*

harSon

Banned
At least we look pretty solid defensively.

Now only if we could hit the fucking ball.

Edit: LOL, Qualls on the 15 day DL with an inflamed big toe. Nice BSing by the front office to get that motherfucker out of the lineup.

Edit: I don't understand why Cutch blows such ass cheeks after the all star break, it doesn't make sense...

I'm starting to think Roger Clemens is really smart with this comeback thing. All this talk about his comeback and NOBODY is mentioning the steroids or the trial or any of that stuff. He's turning his career into some sort of "feel good story" that might, along with the extra 5 years, change the narrative on his career and get him into the Hall of Fame.

harSon

Banned
Game is out of reach now. Our offense is putrid shit, anchored by the equally putrid shit McCutchen. Stop sucking please :|

I'm going to laugh if the RedSox got this once in a lifetime chance to unload 2 terrible contracts and now go out and replace them by giving Zack Grienke and say, Michael Bourne or Josh Hamilton two potentially equally terrible contracts.

Mets need to warm up the pen. Hefner is tiring.

*sees Parnell warming up*

Mets need to have Hefner throw a CG.

EDIT: Man Shoppach with a horrible throw.

harSon

Banned
Bedard is such shit. Giving up lead off doubles to the fucking pitcher now?

Edit: ^^^^

When is the last time we took a fucking series against the Brewers? 1983?

Wow what a play by Duda and Shoppach.

AHAHHAAHAHA KEITH EVISCERATING MARVIN GONZALEZ.

"Terrible slide, he didn't even make it to home plate. Lucky he didn't separate his shoulder, probably should've"

IT'S OUTTA HERE!! OUTTA HERE!! Game-winning solo walkoff HR by Ike Davis!

His 2nd of the game!! HRs number 23 and 24! Mets win 2-1!

Mets win a series for just the 2nd time since the ASB! They win the last game they'll ever face vs the Astros as NL competitors!

And Ike pirouettes into home plate!!!

EDIT: lol Ike "I'm going to get creamed right now" just as Turner whipped-creams him.

Ike wins!
You know the funny thing?

For the first time in over a month this felt like a game the Mets would play when they were still in it. Good D, not much O, great pitching, they lose the lead on a misplay but the very next half inning they come back and score a run to take the lead/win the game.

I miss those days.

Sharp

For the first time in over a month this felt like a game the Mets would play when they were still in it. Good D, not much O, great pitching, they lose the lead on a misplay but the very next half inning they come back and score a run to take the lead/win the game.

I miss those days.
You were playing the Astros... the team responsible for bennyhill.gif. I wouldn't get too excited.

The fuck is this?
... the truth?

MLB has been worried about the precipitous decline in African-American ballplayers. Maybe you didn't watch ball in the mid-80s/early-90s, but the numbers has reached historic lows.
You were playing the Astros... the team responsible for bennyhill.gif. I wouldn't get too excited.
Hello?

2nd series win since the ASG? Just swept 4 games by the Rockies?
Frankman is super racist.
I was waiting for KillaJew Smith to come up with his trademark empty post.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Wait hold on, just realized there's no game for Oakland or Tampa today. What kind of schedule gives a day off on a Sunday?

We were asking that at the park yesterday. The entire greater Tampa area has been overtaken by the GOP convention. It's quite whack.

As for other games going on, how was that not a home run in Phillie? Those umps either got paid for something or are going to get chewed up good later on. If the ball hits the stands then it's a home run.

... the truth?

MLB has been worried about the precipitous decline in African-American ballplayers. Maybe you didn't watch ball in the mid-80s/early-90s, but the numbers has reached historic lows.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I just wasn't aware that there were actually people who used the Goldilocks Test when deciding on a team to root for.

"Cincinnati looked like a great team; I lived in Cincinnati after all. But then I looked at their roster - too white! 'Maybe Cleveland will have the perfect racial mix I'm looking for,' I thought..."

We were asking that at the park yesterday. The entire greater Tampa area has been overtaken by the GOP convention. It's quite whack.

As for other games going on, how was that not a home run in Phillie? Those umps either got paid for something or are going to get chewed up good later on. If the ball hits the stands then it's a home run.

It didnt hit the stands though.

I miss those days.

Where were you when Francesca was shitting on your Mests?

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I just wasn't aware that there were actually people who used the Goldilocks Test when deciding on a team to root for.

"Cincinnati looked like a great team; I lived in Cincinnati after all. But then I looked at their roster - too white! 'Maybe Cleveland will have the perfect racial mix I'm looking for,' I thought..."
Who, Little Green Yoda? *checks post*

There nothing wrong with it. What are you looking at?
Where were you when Francesca was shitting on your Mests?
In Pittsburgh checking out the Sports Museum and reading up the history of the Pirates/Steelers. Where the fuck were you in 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 when Mike Francesa was shitting on the Mets?

Cliff Lee gets the win and the Phils complete the sweep. Phils have only lost 1 of their last 9 series. Sucks their isnt enough time left for them to make a run at the playoffs but at least they are going out strong and setting things up from them reclaim their rightful place atop the division.

Cliff Lee gets the win and the Phils complete the sweep. Phils have only lost 1 of their last 9 series. Sucks their isnt enough time left for them to make a run at the playoffs but at least they are going out strong and setting things up from them reclaim their rightful place atop the division.

At least someone is beating the Nats.

was looking up players' walkout music and found this:

Dustin Pedroia # 15 - Dre Day by Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg (previously All of the Lights by Kanye West ft. Rihanna and More Bounce To the Ounce by Zapp & Roger (confirmed by @mattjgoldstein) and The Wash by Snoop Dogg ft. Dr. Dre (confirmed by @jared_carrabis)

lol for real?n Dustin reps Zapp and Roger?!?

A1QDffJCAAAIdsx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom