• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The only player in MLB that is younger than Jason with a higher ISO is Mike Trout. Can't wait to see what he does in 2-3 years.

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR AUGUST 26

AL

-- Yankees lead over the Rays in the AL East increased to 4.0 games
-- Yankees lead over the Orioles in the AL East increased to 4.5 games

-- White Sox lead over the Tigers in the AL Central remained at 2.5 games

-- Rangers lead over the Athletics in the AL West decreased to 5.5 games
-- Rangers lead over the Angels in the AL West remained at 9.5 games

-- Rays lead over Athletics/Orioles in AL Wild Card #1 remained at 0.5 game
-- Athletics and Orioles remain tied for AL Wild Card #2
-- Athletics/Orioles lead over Tigers in AL Wild Card #2 decreased to 0.5 game
-- Athletics/Orioles lead over Angels in AL Wild Card #2 increased to 4.0 games

NL

-- Nationals lead over Braves in NL East decreased to 4.5 games

-- Reds lead over the Cardinals in the NL Central decreased to 6.0 games
-- Reds lead over the Pirates in the NL Central remained at 8.0 games

-- Giants lead over the Dodgers in the NL West remained at 2.0 games
-- Giants lead over the Diamondbacks in the NL West remained at 7.0 games

-- Braves lead over the Cardinals in NL Wild Card #1 remained at 2.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over Dodgers in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 1.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over Pirates in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 2.0 games
-- Cardinals lead over the Diamondbacks in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 6.5 games

Remaining games:
Yankees - 35 (17 away, 18 home, 3 off-days / 15 vs. +.500)
White Sox - 36 (19 away, 17 home, 2 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)
Rangers - 35 (19 away, 16 home, 3 off-days / 19 vs. +.500)
Rays - 35 (19 away, 16 home, 3 off-days / 22 vs. +.500)
Athletics - 36 (22 away, 14 home, 2 off-days / 23 vs. +.500)
Orioles - 36 (18 away, 17 home, 3 off-days / 20 vs. +.500)
Tigers - 35 (19 away, 16 home, 3 off-days / 14 vs. +.500)
Angels - 34 (15 away, 19 home, 4 off-days / 20 vs. +.500)

Nationals - 35 (14 away, 21 home, 3 off-days / 13 vs. +.500)
Reds - 33 (19 away, 14 home, 5 off-days / 15 vs. +.500)
Giants - 34 (18 away, 16 home, 4 off-days / 15 vs. +.500)
Braves - 34 (18 away, 16 home, 4 off-days / 6 vs. +.500)
Cardinals - 35 (20 away, 15 home, 3 off-days / 17 vs. +.500)
Dodgers - 34 (17 away, 17 home, 4 off-days / 22 vs. +.500)
Pirates - 35 (17 away, 18 home, 3 off-days / 12 vs. +.500)
Diamondbacks - 34 (17 away, 17 home, 4 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)

Daniel Murphy suffered a posterior strain in his right shoulder and will be going for an MRI on Monday, but the second baseman doesn't expect any problems.
Probably will sit out a day of two, didn't sound serious...

... surgery Friday.
Dillon Gee visited with doctors in St. Louis on Friday, and will begin throwing next week, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.

According to Rubin, Gee said while doctors told him he looks great, he doesn’t foresee a return this season.

Gee was diagnosed with a clot in the artery in his throwing shoulder after reporting numbness in his pitching hand in early July. He had surgery during the All-Star Break to repair the artery.

Gee went 6-7 with a 4.10 ERA in 17 starts for the Mets this season – he was moved from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list on August 7.
Hopefully he'll be ready for next season, interestingly enough he may not have a starting job even if healthy. Also....

colbyrasmuscornrows082512.jpg

wow

greyshark

Why won't the Tigers just fucking lose? 6 game win streak and it's still 2.5 games.

I'm more worried about the fact that the Sox may have trouble putting a full rotation together by the end of September. Floyd's probably going on the DL (maybe out for season?), Quintana and Sale have both sailed past their career highs in IP, and Peavy isn't exactly the poster child of durability.

the tigers are 16-14 in their last 30, seem like they are doing enough losing.

I meant whenever they lose, we lost too. It's infuriating.

I'm more worried about the fact that the Sox may have trouble putting a full rotation together by the end of September. Floyd's probably going on the DL (maybe out for season?), Quintana and Sale have both sailed past their career highs in IP, and Peavy isn't exactly the poster child of durability.

Floyd is garbage. Peavy and Sale will be fine I think. Quintana, we'll see. Liriano is always a 50/50. Santiago isn't too bad.

greyshark

Floyd is garbage. Peavy and Sale will be fine I think. Quintana, we'll see. Liriano is always a 50/50. Santiago isn't too bad.

I'm sure Cooper wants to get some extra rest for Sale/Quintana down the stretch, which means they'll have to rely on Liriano/Humber/Santiago to win some pretty important games. I'd almost rather throw in some random September callup over those guys.

I'm sure Cooper wants to get some extra rest for Sale/Quintana down the stretch, which means they'll have to rely on Liriano/Humber/Santiago to win some pretty important games. I'd almost rather throw in some random September callup over those guys.

I'm okay with 2 of three. Humber can die in a hole.

eznark

Banned
I love how Davey Jonson knows Bryce is a petulant, pouty shit head of a child who has no control over himself.

“I told [bench coach] Randy [Knorr], ‘Tell the kid, I have one player left and I’m double switching with him,’ so he doesn’t kill himself down there,” Johnson said. “He didn’t get to him right away. [Harper] was destroying helmets in the runway. So I said, ‘Randy, will you get to him? Please get to him.’ But I really had no choice. I didn’t care if it was Babe Ruth. I had one player left and I have to have as many batters to stay in the game as possible.”

He has experience dealing with youngsters over the years and has had his successes and failures (hi Greg Jeffries), but Harper is THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE.

Yankees have re-acquired Steve Pearce from the Astros. Brandon Laird DFA'd to make room on the 40-man.

Pearce started the season with the Yankees, went to the Orioles on waivers, then went to the Astros on waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom