• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dodgers' bullpen is 5th in the NL in WPA. It's also middle of the pack or better when looking at ERA-, FIP-, or xFIP-.

that's nowhere near "blow it up" bad

eznark

Banned
UZR for a single season isn't predictive but that's not the same thing as it being garbage. ERA after one season isn't enormously predictive but it still happened.

I'm just making a case, not necessarily agreeing with it. I think when we are looking at half win differences though, it's not unreasonable to depend on information that we find more solid.

Sharp

I'm just making a case, not necessarily agreeing with it. I think when we are looking at half win differences though, it's not unreasonable to depend on information that we find more solid.
Yeah, I basically agree with you there. I think it takes something like a 1 WAR difference before you can make the case that a player definitely had a better season.

eznark

Banned
And lets be honest here, if it weren't for hype and age, Harper would have no shot. BBWA doesn't give a fuck about defense or WAR.

Sharp

And lets be honest here, if it weren't for hype and age, Harper would have no shot. BBWA doesn't give a fuck about defense or WAR.
True--they do like home runs though, so if he got enough of them he'd still be in consideration regardless I think. But batting average seems to win out more often than not.

Runus

I would like to thank the Rockies for giving us another gift run. Threw the ball back to the pitcher after a pitch and missed. Braves up 1-0. lmao

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
No panic here; I think the Yankees are going to crush the O's this series

I wouldn't make that assumption so quickly. O's are a hungry team with a lot of momentum going for them.

sangreal

I wouldn't make that assumption so quickly. O's are a hungry team with a lot of momentum going for them.

pfft. Please, the Yankees have already guaranteed victory to me

V05VU.png

Braves get the bases loaded and nobody out. Francisco strikes out and Uggla & McCann do their usual pop-up routine.

This team has gotten comical with runners in scoring position. This is exactly what they were doing last September.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Braves get the bases loaded and nobody out. Francisco strikes out and Uggla & McCann do their usual pop-up routine.

This team has gotten comical with runners in scoring position. This is exactly what they were doing last September.

Good thing that hitting with RISP is luck dependent!

jman2050

I'm am continuing under the assumption that the Orioles are total frauds.

With this little time left it might not matter, but I'm sticking to that.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
go braves! rockies defense!

edit: a hit with RISP! doesn't score a run! Braves baseball!

Braves bases loaded again. Let's see how they fuck this up.

EDIT: Of course. Heyward pop-up on the first pitch.

EDIT 2: Aaaand Freeman pops-up on what would have been ball 4. This is fucking hilarious.

Jubs

Is kimbrel warming up in the pen?

If we hold on to win, this would be the cheapest series victory ever. A slightly more competent team would have won this 3/4 against us easily, maybe even sweep.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I remember when the A's beat the Angels a few years ago on something like that. A's had the bases loaded and K-Rod was pissed over not getting a call on a close pitch. He swiped angrily at the throwback and it went over his head. A's win.
lol yeah I remember that.

Ken Rosenthal says that starting in 2013, MLB is likely to install a new system that will restrict the amount of players team can use in a September game to 25. Rosters will still expand to 40, but the manager must designate which 25 players will be eligible to play that game before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom