• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
The best player should win, and it looks like Braun is the best player. Unless you want to delete the fifty games that he could have missed, which is lunacy.

The best player should win, and it looks like Braun is the best player. Unless you want to delete the fifty games that he could have missed, which is lunacy.

Then Kemp would have won last year. Media seems obsessed with giving it to a player on a winning team, unless there are no other options. It all depends on whether or not they can talk themselves into Matt Holliday or Buster Posey as options. If both teams (or the Pirates with Cutch) get hot the last month of the season they will have a shot at the award.

Parch

The media shouldn't be voting for MVP or HOF. There is always going to be bias. A player can break every record in the book but a writer will ignore all that because of one indiscretion, even if he was found not guilty.

harSon

Banned
The media shouldn't be voting for MVP or HOF. There is always going to be bias. A player can break every record in the book but a writer will ignore all that because of one indiscretion, even if he was found not guilty.

There's a difference between being innocent, and being found not guilty due to a technicality. Unless you're a Steelers QB, then that point is moot :D

The media likes to make this shit about them. It's a giant circle jerk for them. That's why you get those 2 dicks who didn't vote for Pedro for MVP in 99. That's why you get dumbasses leaving guys like Ricky Henderson off Hall of Fame ballots.

Ryan Braun totally roided though.

newjeruse

Yea and when people inside the game vote for awards you get the Gold Gloves, which are much more embarrassing than MVP or Cy Young.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'd love to see a race between Bourn, Constanza and Heyward. 200m+ I think heyward beats them because of his long legs but Constanza probably beats them in the shorter distance. (constanza should have tried for the inside the parker there lol edit: oh he stopped at 2nd? boo. thought he got a triple.)

I'd love to see a race between Bourn, Constanza and Heyward. 200m+ I think heyward beats them because of his long legs but Constanza probably beats them in the shorter distance. (constanza should have tried for the inside the parker there lol edit: oh he stopped at 2nd? boo. thought he got a triple.)

How well would Chipper do? Would he win if you put a bucket of hot wings at the end of hte finish line?

carlos

The ball got into the stands, he was sent back to second (just in case you missed it).
Meanwhile, Dan Struggla can't come through when it counts....

Windu

XCWNf.jpg

Windu

oh wow, kimbrel is being used in a tie game in the ninth on the road. /cheer Fredi.

edit: and of course Joe Simpson is complaining. Shut Up.

edit2: Jason Bay has been reduced to a Pinch Runner lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom