• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg
theme-bad-wolf.jpg

So basically you admit you don't care a single bit about Cliff Lee as a human being, as long as your team wins titles.

And people wonder why Yankee fans get a bad rap.

uh, Cliff Lee is a hipocrite who wouldn't come to NY because the fans were mean, then he goes to the one place were the fans are worse. MUCH MUCH worse. gee, wonder if he really had a soul or brain to begin with. also, you'd do the same thing frank if it meant a steady stream of post season appearances for the Mets.

cashman

Banned
uh, Cliff Lee is a hipocrite who wouldn't come to NY because the fans were mean, then he goes to the one place were the fans are worse. MUCH MUCH worse. gee, wonder if he really had a soul or brain to begin with. also, you'd do the same thing frank if it meant a steady stream of post season appearances for the Mets.

exactly, should have just stayed in texas.

a) ... umm, I highly question that Phillies fans are meaner, and as someone who's spent 15+ years there on and off I can say that. Oh sure they can be excessive, but not when they're winning. Yankee fans can be psycho all the time.
b) Nope, I wouldn't be. And you know why?

The Frankman
OT's Jimmer Fredette

HONOR. LOYALTY. RESPECT. GOOD MORAL FIBER.

cashman

Banned
Fucking angels

Bottom 6th: Toronto
- R. Davis singled to center
- R. Davis stole second
- R. Davis stole third
- A. Lind walked
- D. Carpenter relieved E. Santana
- J.P. Arencibia struck out swinging
- B. Lawrie lined into double play third to first, A. Lind out at second

0 runs, 1 hits, 0 errors
LA Angels 3, Toronto 5

Top 7th: LA Angels
- E. Aybar singled to shallow center
- J. Hester homered to deep left, E. Aybar scored

face it frank, Cliff thought the good people of Texas were beneath him and took less money just to stick it to them. very soulful of him. he sowed the wind now he is reaping the whirlwind.

face it frank, Cliff thought the good people of Texas were beneath him and took less money just to stick it to them. very soulful of him. he sowed the wind now he is reaping the whirlwind.
I"m not saying he's not arrogant, I don't get this "karma for not being a Yankee" thing. If anything he should've stayed in Texas but you don't see cashman flipping out about it. Anymore.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. David Price is injured. God dammit. Looks like a back injury of some sort.

Hopefully it's a bug bite or just an itch or something minor, we don't need more players on the DL. But on the plus side it looks like he's in line for the win and we gave Verlander his first of the year.

How the fuck are Phillies fans worse? Last I heard they never spit on a players wife. A big part of Lee signing with the Phils is his son is getting treatment in Philadelphia and Cliff wanted to be close to him. Plus he got along really well with the fans last time he was with the team.

Edit: in no universe are the Phillies and Yankees rivals. I have no idea where you are getting that from.

you don't enjoy the Ace pitcher of one of your rivals struggling?
When the Mets beat him up (see Cole Hamels), sure. Not by proxy.
How the fuck are Phillies fans worse? Last I heard they never spit on a players wife. A big part of Lee signing with the Phils is his son is getting treatment in Philadelphia and Cliff wanted to be close to him. Plus he got along really well with the fans last time he was with the team.
Exactly. Alot of the rep comes from their football fans, and the baseball fans over the period of their success. But in terms of overall bad behavior... it's Yanks by a nose.

Edit: in no universe are the Phillies and Yankees rivals. I have no idea where you are getting that from.

Mets, genius.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Phillie fans puke on little girls.

I don't see how this compares to puking on children intentionally.
Punching a guy who's trying to catch a ball? Having another fan steal a home run away while a 2nd attempts to rip the glove off your hand? At least puke guy was drunk, those Yankee fans were sober. And were cheered for their misdeeds.

Taser guy was some moron who ran on the field, that happens a shitton in baseball.
That was excessive but Drew deserved something bad happening to him. Fuck that guy he is one of the worst people to ever play in the majors.
Godfuckingdammit you're not helping.

all you guys are putting is examples of fans being a bit obnoxious. the puker assaulted a little girl and her father and generally being assholes. frankman defending philly proves he's a turncoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom