• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Buster_ESPN
Source: The Marlins are deep into talks with the Astros for Carlos Lee; he has indicated a willingness to play for Miami.

Pays to wait!

Macattk15

Jesus Montero gets a ball fouled off his mask and has to be taken out of the game.

What a bitch. Not a fan. Seems like a god damn primadonna.

Deal is done.

Carlos Lee has officially waived his no-trade clause to accept a move to the Marlins.

Lee goes to the Marlins. Astros get 3B Matt Dominguez and P Rob Rasmussen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hey look, the binder was wrong.

I just want to get out of this fucking dome. Take the L and give up.

The Chris Schwinden 2012 World Tour is likely to make another stop. The Yankees DFA'd him today to make room for Darnell McDonald on the 40-man.

I feel bad for the kid, but I'm getting a kick out of this.

To recap, Chris Schwinden's 2012 story:

4/27: Recalled from Mets AAA
5/04: Optioned to Mets AAA
5/20: Recalled from Mets AAA
5/21: Optioned to Mets AAA
5/29: Recalled from Mets AAA
6/1: Designated for assignment
6/2: Claimed by Blue Jays off waivers
6/6: Claimed by Indians off waivers
6/27: Designated for assignment
6/29: Claimed by Yankees off waivers
7/4: Designated for assignment

Turns out the Marlins were not on Carlos Lee's 14-team, no-trade list, so he didn't have any say.

Astros covering all of Lee's remaining salary except the prorated MLB minimum. So the Marlins are getting around $8.8 million from the Astros.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Turns out the Marlins were not on Carlos Lee's 14-team, no-trade list, so he didn't have any say.

Astros covering all of Lee's remaining salary except the prorated MLB minimum. So the Marlins are getting around $8.8 million from the Astros.
I'm really surprised the Astros couldn't get more for Lee. Personally, I'd have waited til closer to the deadline. Plenty of teams would have made offers, I'll bet.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm really surprised the Astros couldn't get more for Lee. Personally, I'd have waited til closer to the deadline. Plenty of teams would have made offers, I'll bet.

Uh it's Carlos Lee. I think the Astros did pretty well for themselves there.

Giancarlo Stanton will not play the rest of the series against the Brewers. He had an MRI on his knee and the results will affect his availability for the All-Star Game.

As of last tally, David Freese was winning the NL Final Vote.

jman2050

He will win the CY Young next year.

On the bright side, I don't know if Hughes finally finds out how to be an effective starting pitcher if he's crowded out by Pineda at the start of the year when he got to that terrible start. If Hughes is actually for real CC/Kuroda/Pineda/Hughes/Nova for next season sounds like a top-of-the-line rotation to me.

Macattk15

On the bright side, I don't know if Hughes finally finds out how to be an effective starting pitcher if he's crowded out by Pineda at the start of the year when he got to that terrible start. If Hughes is actually for real CC/Kuroda/Pineda/Hughes/Nova for next season sounds like a top-of-the-line rotation to me.

Pineda is just gonna blow out his elbow next season.

Carlbeego

Kuroda has been a beast for us. Professional. Matsui like.

Curious to see if he will get better offers elsewhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom