• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

The Phillies at the half way point of the year have 36 wins. Only 1 team in the history of the game has gotten into the Postseason with that few wins during the first half. That would be the 73' Mets who won 82 ballgames. Start selling Phils!

Prade

Oh btw Hampson was DFA'd and Valdespin was called up. Because we totally need 300 infielders over another left hander.

Fastball right down the middle. Young is susceptible to the longball with him throwing high fastballs, he can't miss location.

EDIT: Like that again. They are sitting high fastball right now.

Miguel Batista works the 8th? Over Ramirez?

I assume Byrdak is ready once a lefty bats and they don't want to waste a RHP for when the righty bats again.

EDIT: Well that was quick.

Byrdak tries to backdoor a slider, and as usual it slides up the middle. 4-2 on the GR double.

Now this is big out time, Mets have to get outta the inning with no more runs scoring to have a chance to come back.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Byrdak tries to backdoor a slider, and as usual it slides up the middle. 4-2 on the GR double.

Now this is big out time, Mets have to get outta the inning with no more runs scoring to have a chance to come back.
You know better than that, Frank.

Prade

The D seems to try and match the bullpen's shittiness during these late innings.

EDIT: Meanwhile, Beato in AAA: 24 IP, 1.13 ERA.

Hefner with a very poor pitch there, but of course Duda misplays it.

EDIT: Now Tejada? Come on.
You know better than that, Frank.
With as many 2-out runs the Mets have scored I don't know how you can be so amazingly negative.

Designated hitter Travis Hafner is in the Cleveland Indians' starting lineup against the Los Angeles Angels after being activated from the disabled list.

Outfielder Shelley Duncan, whose wife is expecting twins, was placed on the paternity list Wednesday to make roster room.

Hafner had right knee surgery May 31 and Cleveland has missed his bat in the middle of the lineup. He hit .242 with six homers and 23 RBIs in 39 games before getting hurt May 24.

This was the eighth DL stint and sixth in four years for Hafner, who is in the final season of a $57 million, four-year contract. The Indians hold a $13 million club option for next season.
How much does he have left?

Link

The Autumn Wind
With as many 2-out runs the Mets have scored I don't know how you can be so amazingly negative.
Because the Mets become very predictable once they falter. Whether it's the bullpen or the shoddy defense, their bats always seem to follow.

Wow at that pitch. Too close to take but Wright is hot, that pitch has not been consistently called all game.

damn, ump got some rabbit ears out there.

Hanging slider to Wigginton, Ty has been hitting those for 10 years.

3 in the 8th, 3 in the 9th. Mets HAVE to get some bullpen help this month, it's July already.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mets go hitless after giving up the lead. SHOCKER!

And Frank, I'll stop being so negative when they start proving me wrong.

Mets go hitless after giving up the lead. SHOCKER!

And Frank, I'll stop being so negative when they start proving me wrong.
You should've stopped being negative months ago then! You just weren't posting on GAF in April! :D

It's gonna be Hamels vs. Dickey in the rubber game tomorrow.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I've never believed they were a 100-loss team like analysts were saying, and they've done well overall this season, but they've suffered from the same shortcomings for the past several years. It's incredibly frustrating to watch over and over again.

You don't say :). Will the Coupons reach into their pockets tho? This is what worries me.
I have no doubt they're pay for one, as an ok reliever isn't expensive. My issue is are there any good ones to be had? If you want a Myers/Balfour teams are going to ask for prospects, and Sandy has said he isn't giving up A prospects (nor should he).

Prade

I have no doubt they're pay for one, as an ok reliever isn't expensive. My issue is are there any good ones to be had? If you want a Myers/Balfour teams are going to ask for prospects, and Sandy has said he isn't giving up A prospects (nor should he).

Familia has become kind of expendable at this point as he's getting completely shelled down in AAA. I wouldn't mind seeing Sandy dangling him around at teams. I also think that a another righty is needed to cover up some of our offensive holes. Yeah we're third in runs, but how long can you rely on Wright hitting .350 and the 2 out magic? Can Dickey really continue this video gamey pace or will he eventually just cool off and ease onto 18 wins instead of 22, 23 or even 24? Help is needed beyond a cheap reliever, and that's where the checkbook is going to need to be opened, which I doubt will happen. Regardless of all of that, Beato needs to be called up NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom