• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

For the love of god, if the Dodgers don't get at least 1 out of this.. come on Tony, don't fuck this up.

Dreadful.

RBH

The Diamondbacks are currently 39-43 and seven games out in the NL West, and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that they would consider trade offers from Justin Upton if they fall further out of contention. They will target a third baseman if they instead move closer to contention.

Rosenthal says GM Kevin Towers is open to any type of deal, meaning they could buy, sell, or make a veteran-for-veteran swap that helps now. Upton has been involved in trade rumors before, specifically during the 2010-2011 offseason. The 24-year-old has hit just .266/.348/.378 with seven homers this year after placing fourth in the MVP voting last season. He's under contract through 2015 for approximately $41.9MM and is the type of player that will draw interest from every other team in the league if available.

Upton’s contract guarantees him $6.75 million this season, $9.75 million next season, $14.25 million in 2014 and $14.5 million in ’15. His deal also includes a four-team no-trade clause.

In 2010, those teams were the Seattle Mariners, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals and Oakland Athletics. Since then, however, Upton has adjusted his list, a source said, but the teams that he currently can block are not known.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...on-NL-West-justin-upton-trade-deadline-070612

rekameohs

Banned
Kubel was definitely one of my favorite Twins. He's a fun player to watch.

Mine too. It's good to see the Diamondbacks finally get another good power left fielder after Luis Gonzalez retired, though Kubel is a hell of a lot better defender, especially with the aforementioned arm.

rekameohs

Banned
I'm almost certain the Upton talking is just a front to get him motivated to play well again, and to get fans to support him to stay. The same song was sung after his disappointing 2010 season, and that led to a long extension, not a trade. I don't see such a team-friendly deal for a young star being tossed any time soon.

eznark

Banned
Is it a bad contract if it doesn't really affect the team? Not like they can't just go out and buy someone else. The Brewers Teddy Higuera contract is still one of the worst (mostly due to luck) since it destroyed the franchise for a decade.

Eznark on suicide watch confirmed. Believe in Theo/Judd!

Between Rizzo and LaHair you guys might have two whole months of a first basemen in the organization!

Freddy Garcia vs Franklin Morales. There are gonna be sooooooooo many runs scored this game.

edit: Holy shit @ that sawx lineup. Who the fuck are any of those people?

Crawford injured his groin during rehab. Return will probably be delayed until August now.

Also Evan Longoria probably won't be back until August now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom