• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

Between Rizzo and LaHair you guys might have two whole months of a first basemen in the organization!

Rizzo OPS: 1.140 - Peanuts salary
LaHair OPS: .894 - $483k salary

Fielder OPS: .862 - $23 million
Pujols OPS: .790 - $12 million (with lol backloaded, franchise-crippling money owed later)

TheoJudd are teh smart.

I'm going to remind myself not to start pitchers in fantasy that have to play in Fenway. I got burned yesterday with Kuroda and now today with Morales. SMH!

Mere Anarchy Is Loosed Upon The World

I tell ya.
Before long,
Football starts.
This weekend
In seriousness.
And pretty soon
It'll be hockey
And then basketball.
And then baseball
Will still
Be going on.
And it'll be
Very confusing.
Very confusing.

August 31, 1991

“As a way to better gauge what they have internally before diving deeper into the relief trade market, the Mets plan to bring lefty Josh Edgin to the majors early in the second half,” according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

In addition, according to Sherman, the Mets are deciding whether to take a look at Jenrry Mejia and/or Elvin Ramirez again at the big league level.

Sherman says the Mets have identified their bullpen, a right-handed bat, and catching as their areas of need as they head towards the trade deadline, but the Mets want to exhaust their internal options before using prospects to address their bullpen problems.

“The Mets feel they are not at a point in their development at which they can deal significant pieces from their system,” Sherman explains.

Edgin is 2-2 with a 3.86 ERA in 33 games for the Bisons this season, having allowed 15 earned runs and 32 hits with 17 walks and 40 strikeouts in 35 innings.

Mejia pitched well as a starting pitcher before being transferred to the Bisons’ bullpen, going 0-1 with a 1.13 ERA in three starts. However, he has struggled in nine relief appearances, going 1-0 with an 8.18 ERA while walking six batters and striking out six in 11 innings.

Ramirez struggled with the Mets earlier this season, going 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA in five relief appearances, walking eight while striking out six in only seven innings of work. He has allowed five earned runs in seven innings since returning to Buffalo on June 23.
Well this is interesting. TC has been all about wanting guys to have success before bringing them up, which is why Elvin Ramirez got a tryout earlier in the year. But Ramirez has been poor since returning to Triple-A, Mejia has been terrible in his conversion to relief so far, and even Edgin hasn't done too well over the last month in AAA.

Sanjuro

ikJLC1HEGYd5B.gif

jman2050

Oh right, I almost forgot: Freddy Garcia sucks.

Thank god the Red Sox have 2.5 major-league caliber hitters in their lineup right now.

Carlbeego

Nothing funnier than when Lackey gave up 8 runs and was looking at Tito like " What the fuck you doin?" when he went to take him out.

Sanjuro

NESN trivia question, what two Yankee/Red Sox players were All-Stars at least twice on both teams?

Why you do this to me NESN...

eznark

Banned
With this whole Greinke trade BS speculation, is it legal in the MLB to talk with a player to sign long term before getting traded?

Nothing is happening til the series' after the break when the Brewers play Pirates, Cardinals, and Reds in a row.

Unless someone blows them away of course.

New York Mets Lineup:
1) Ruben Tejada SS
2) Daniel Murphy 2B
3) David Wright 3B
4) Ike Davis 1B
5) Lucas Duda RF
6) Jordany Valdespin LF
7) Josh Thole C
8) Kirk Nieuwenhuis CF
9) Dillon Gee RHP

They're trying to find Valdespin a spot, he can swing a bat but goddamn he's going to get a fastball in his ear if he's not careful.

Chicago Cubs Lineup:
1) David DeJesus CF
2) Starlin Castro SS
3) Anthony Rizzo 1B
4) Alfonso Soriano LF
5) Bryan LaHair RF
6) Steve Clevinger C
7) Darwin Barney 2B
8) Luis Valbuena 3B
9) Jeff Samardzija RHP

eznark

Banned
Fuck umpires in their douche fuking twat faces. Pieces of complete and utter filth. Holbrook can't die soon enough. Fuck that guy and fuck his fucking family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom