• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee needs to pitch inside more to lefties/righties, he's living on the corner. 1st and 2nd, 2 out with Soriano up. Key batter, nobody up in either pen.

Keep in mind Dickey is available to pitch out of the pen according to TC.

I was excited to see him but I'd rather him rest it then get injured. We need his bat.
wait a fucking minute.

MLB has stated this year you have to play in the ASG unless you have a damn good reason. If Ian Desmond is claiming oblique injury, why is he playing today? And he hit a HR, how injured can he be?

This makes no sense.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wait a fucking minute.

MLB has stated this year you have to play in the ASG unless you have a damn good reason. If Ian Desmond is claiming oblique injury, why is he playing today? And he hit a HR, how injured can he be?

This makes no sense.

Injured players can hit homers too you know.

With all due respect to Ian Desmond, I don't think MLB really cares if he shows up to the game or not. They really only care about the guys who fans pay to see and care to watch on television and as nice of a season as Desmond is having he ain't one of those guys.

And really he's Ian Desmond. I'd like to think he would want to go play in the ASG no matter what if he could, who knows if he'll ever get another chance to play in one again.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I can only imagine what a force the Mets would be if the bullpen was anywhere near as good as the starting rotation.

Injured players can hit homers too you know.

With all due respect to Ian Desmond, I don't think MLB really cares if he shows up to the game or not. They really only care about the guys who fans pay to see and care to watch on television and as nice of a season as Desmond is having he ain't one of those guys.

And really he's Ian Desmond. I'd like to think he would want to go play in the ASG no matter what if he could, who knows if he'll ever get another chance to play in one again.
The whole thing is MLB made this big hulabaloo of "WE CRACKING DOWN AND MAKING PEOPLE PLAY IN THE ASG!". I know what you're saying, man. The ASG is basically one game sandwiched between 3 off days and maybe a day at MLB Fanfest. That's so tiring he can't attend? You're Ian Desmond dude, who knows you?

97 MPH fastball right down the middle, Rizzo doubles to the gap. Parnell had the right idea to pitch him up, but the pitch had too much plate.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Michael Bourn has replaced Ian Desmond on the NL roster. Awesome.

also, i think that leaves only Furcal as the only SS lol.

Windu

Now how does this work? Does another Marlin have to replace him for the ASG since he was their lone representative?
that is a good question, he will still technically be on the team but yeah they won't have someone to play in the game.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Cardinals win, missed the whole game while at work, but it'll do. Unfortunate that Stanton got injured, hope he comes back soon, he seems like a decent kid.

For some reason the Rays game is blacked out in Central Florida, so I can't really see much besides any clips on MLB Network. Darkside, you have any issues watching the game?

Windu

Cardinals win, missed the whole game while at work, but it'll do. Unfortunate that Stanton got injured, hope he comes back soon, he seems like a decent kid.

For some reason the Rays game is blacked out in Central Florida, so I can't really see much besides any clips on MLB Network. Darkside, you have any issues watching the game?
Fox Blackout.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Like Windu said the game isn't on TV. At all. Anywhere.

MLB blackout policies are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom