• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

I knew the Rangers' starting pitching would end up costing them their season. I just didn't expect it to happen until the postseason. This is why I never trusted Matt Harrison, even when he had good numbers this year. He's a choker, just like the rest of the team.

as I said to the white sox fan a few days ago who said about the same thing about jake peavy....

I didn't know 2 runs through 5 is a horrible start and is grounds to call him choking o_O;

Malo

Banned
There's no point in being a 1st seed this year.
Yes there is since theoretically both wild cards would use their best starting pitcher and the winning team wouldn't be able to start that pitcher twice in the ALDS. Also having to travel right after winning the wild card game might adversely affect them.

Also I don't want to face Miggy and the Tigers in the ALDS.

Branduil

as I said to the white sox fan a few days ago who said about the same thing about jake peavy....

I didn't know 2 runs through 5 is a horrible start and is grounds to call him choking o_O;

I'm just tired of all the choking. Just like last year, and the year before, they can never close the deal. The more the team changes the more they stay the same.

zulux21

I'm just tired of all the choking. Just like last year, and the year before, they can never close the deal. The more the team changes the more they stay the same.

It's hard to call what texas has done the last 2 years choking, failing to close the deal yes but hardly choking. I mean they did make it to the WS.

choking would be what the twins did every time they made it to the playoffs and faced the yankees in the 00's lol

Branduil

It's hard to call what texas has done the last 2 years choking, failing to close the deal yes but hardly choking.

choking would be what the twins did every time they made it to the playoffs and faced the yankees in the 00's lol

Having a 2-run lead twice with 1 strike left to win the World Series and not winning it is choking. Having a division lead for nearly the entire season and then blowing it in the last two weeks is choking. It's time for them to admit what they are.

It blows my mind that we are on the second to last day, and the Rangers might now win their own division. They even have the best odds of any team with only 3 competing teams.

Branduil

It blows my mind that we are on the second to last day, and the Rangers might now win their own division. They even have the best odds of any team with only 3 competing teams.

It's time to end the Ron Washington experiment if they blow the division. He can take Michael Young and Josh Hamilton with him, while we're at it.

RBH

iIY1Lw9v9eLcX.png

zulux21

Wow could this team choke any harder?

since sept 19th
Chicago White sox 3-11
Texas Rangers 6- 7 (6-8 if they lose today)

I would argue that they could in deed choke harder as if the white sox did what the rangers did then they would still be in it :p

Branduil

Mah god. If Texas gets bounced in the Wild Card game ... I will just die. Of happiness.

It doesn't really matter if they do or not. Darvish will only be able to start one game at most in the division series, which means the divisional series is the limit to how far they can go if they get the wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom