• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

Bobby V was just hip thrusting in the direction of this little girl singing god bless america during the 7th inning stretch. I wish I could .gif it but Selig would fine me.

zulux21

well he dived for it...looked like because of his limited range though.

yeah gameday just popped up the video for it. Twas a decent catch but I think a number of left fielders could have made that play with ease. Two who likely couldn't though.... Scott Podsednik
and Juan Pierre so I can't fell that bad about Viciedo in left lol

h3ro

What on earth... MLB is banning gifs?

OBjDJ.gif

Gary Whitta was right.... Gary Whitta was right.

Selig... Stop killing the sport I love, you fuck.

zulux21

aw... Addison Reed gave up his first base runner of the season.... I suppose it was bound to happen sometime... hopefully Thornton can hold the lead

zulux21

DOUBLE PLAY going into the bottom of the 8th with the lead.
It will be great if the white sox can take the first game from the Tigers, though really they likely need to take all 3 already lol

zulux21

crap.... a lead off triple... I hate when the white sox gets these as sadly more often than not we don't score and it makes me want to go cry in a corner @_@
holy crap we actually scored it... go morel good job getting your second hit of the season.
Maybe we won't fail to score with a runner on third no body out 90% of the time this season like it felt like we did last season.

And then two great innings by Hochevar. This is what he always does. He pitches lights out most of the time, and then every 15th inning or so, he has a complete meltdown and gives up 6-8 runs. I guess he needed to get it out of his system early this time.

zulux21

and the White Sox are 2 games over .500.... which is likely more games over .500 than most people figured they would be all season. Yay. Now to get to 3 and 4 over the next two days as it would be awesome to sweep Detroit this early in the season.

SyNapSe

And then two great innings by Hochevar. This is what he always does. He pitches lights out most of the time, and then every 15th inning or so, he has a complete meltdown and gives up 6-8 runs. I guess he needed to get it out of his system early this time.

Well, he kinda got some help that time; I thought he was going to get out of it with 2 runs. That was a hell of a costly 2 out check swing single. Then the lost ball/error by Dyson.
Wasn't last years home opener terrible too?

Well, he kinda got some help that time; I thought he was going to get out of it with 2 runs. That was a hell of a costly 2 out check swing single. Then the lost ball/error by Dyson.
Wasn't last years home opener terrible too?

I remember that it was cold and they lost, but it was a close game, maybe? I kind of remember that Alex Gordon had a controversial final at bat where he hit a foul that people thought brushed the pole, which would have been a game-winning home run. But instead it was foul, and we lost.

Now Hoch is hurt after getting drilled in the ankle.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i wanted to see sandoval go for the triple there. lame. The belly flop into third would have been hilarious
He was supposedly throwing 93 during spring training and he's topping out at 90 the past two starts. I expected him to wear down late in the season, not in April.
well when someone is coming back from TJ you usually expect 6 months or so after they are back to get to where they were before the surgery in terms of control etc...

And i mentioned april because well its april, he has only made two starts. Looks like he pitched well against the brewers though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
soooo when are the giants going to trade belt? they clearly don't like him. Prado for Belt.

bozeman

I do believe the Cubbies are taking offense for MLB making them the opponent during the Cardinals opening weekend where they're raising banners and giving out championship rings.

Nice troll, MLB.

Go Cards. Let 'em get all their runs today.

BFIB

I do believe the Cubbies are taking offense for MLB making them the opponent during the Cardinals opening weekend where they're raising banners and giving out championship rings.

Nice troll, MLB.

Go Cards. Let 'em get all their runs today.

Well, its clear Waino isn't 100% yet, but its expected recovering from TJ. Hopefully by late May/June he'll be back to normal. The good news is Craig and Schumaker are most likely beginning their road rehab assignments this week, and Carp is suffering no effects from his first round of tests.

EDIT: So awesome to see Musial in attendance today. The Man is truly one of the best all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom