• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i want extra innings, lets go rockies.

edit: todd helton has the star wars theme as his walk up music. awesome. (someone needs to use the superman theme)

edit: AHHHAHAHAHA WALKOFF HR

that thing was launched

verbum

Braves-Brewers may be a repeat of yesterday as far as runs allowed:

(Sports Network) - Runs could be hard to come by in this finale between the Brewers and hosting Braves given the history of the two starting pitchers.
Atlanta's Brandon Beachy aims to extend his club's home winning streak over Milwaukee, which pins its hopes this afternoon on Chris Narveson.
Narveson and Beachy have both faced their respective opponents twice in their careers and have combined to allow just three runs over 24 innings.
Narveson, 30, is 1-0 with a 1.50 earned run average in his two outings against the Braves, while the 25-year-old Minor does not have a decision in two games despite allowing one run over 12 innings with 16 strikeouts.

Chipper is playing today:

#Braves lineup: 1. Bourn CF, 2. Prado LF, 3. Jones 3B, 4. McCann C, 5. Uggla 2B, 6. Freeman 1B, 7. Heyward RF, 8. Pastornicky SS, 9. BeachyP @ajcbraves 17 minutes

clemenx

Banned
Lolol at the Tigers' lineup today with Inge as DH. I hope they lose with a Miggy error. Why would you ever have Inge near the lineup if not for his glove?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Going to start reading this book today:

61BTTTMcAlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In Bottom of the Ninth, Michael Shapiro brings to life a watershed moment in baseball history, when baseball was under seige in the late 1950s. He reveals how the legendary executive Branch Rickey saw the game's salvation in two radical ideas: the creation of a third major league—the Continental League—and the pooling of television revenues for the benefit of all. And Shapiro captures the audacity of Casey Stengel, the manager of the Yankees, who believed that he could remake how baseball was played.

The story of their ingenious schemes—and of the powerful men who tried to thwart them—is interwoven with the on-field drama of pennant races and clutch performances, culminating in the stunning climax of the seventh game of the 1960 World Series, when one swing of the bat heralds baseball's eclipse as America's number-one sport.

If anyone's interested in a review, let me know.

verbum

One Fred showing love to another Fred.

I'm thinking Fredi is kind of nervous these days with the losing streak last September, the losing streak to start this season, the fan uproar over his management. He doesn't want to change much.
But then I remember last season, he said he thought Heyward belongs down toward the last of the order. But pressure from fans and probably from Wren made him move Heyward from 6-7 to 2-3 in the BO in May of last year. After Heyward failed to produce he quickly moved Heyward back.
I wonder if he will last 5 years as manager.

CygnusXS

Seriously though, what's gotten into Infante? 4 homers already.

Another tight strike zone in ATL. Beachy doesn't give a fuck.

Windu

well he is a all star

Another tight strike zone in ATL. Beachy doesn't give a fuck.
i looked at the pitchfx of kimbrel's zone yesterday, didn't see anything wrong. although that zone on brooks is the average strike zone not the correct one.

CygnusXS

i looked at the pitchfx of kimbrel's zone yesterday, didn't see anything wrong. although that zone on brooks is the average strike zone not the correct one.

Hart's walk was the worst sequence. I mean, the three pitches I'm thinking about were close to borderline, sure, but a computer would have called them properly.

Windu

i hate manufacturing runs, it means you suck at hitting. Or your manager is an idiot.
Hart's walk was the worst sequence. I mean, the three pitches I'm thinking about were close to borderline, sure, but a computer would have called them properly.
yeah i remember the sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom