• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

heh and Cabrera officially goes 0-12 in the series... which even if the white sox lose is a huge plus to me... though hopefully the white sox keep it to 4-1 and then Valverde comes in for the bottom of the 9th, if that happens, the game is still far from over.

Binx

the wind is wicked in chicago today.. 35-40 MPH gusts on a ball that high is going to be rather hard to judge.
yay wild pitch... hopefully the sox can get at least one lol

Wind maybe kept it in? Yeah, now he's not helping himself. We might have Chad Durbin, but at least we have a real closer.

TheNatural

My Member!
Two of them were one-run games that could have gone either way, and three went to extras. It wasn't exactly a blowout series, even though that might be what it looks like on paper.

Close only counts in horseshes and grenades. And this one isn't even over yet, Marshall will blow this one yet.

zulux21

Wind maybe kept it in? Yeah, now he's not helping himself. We might have Chad Durbin, but at least we have a real closer.

yeah, wind most likely kept it in as it's blowing in.
also yay a run, let's keep it going, I am fine with the Tigers winning today I just like seeing them go off with a bang instead of a whimper

yay tying run at the plate.
those two runs given up in the top of the 9th are huge now

zulux21

heh... fukudome was swinging for the fence with that swing....
two down with likely the best power hitter on the team up to bat for the white sox.
can he tie the game
most likely not but lets see

heh and Cabrera officially goes 0-12 in the series... which even if the white sox lose is a huge plus to me... though hopefully the white sox keep it to 4-1 and then Valverde comes in for the bottom of the 9th, if that happens, the game is still far from over.

Game over, biiiiiiiiitch

DANCE FATTY DANCE

zulux21

and the sox lose but at least in normal Valverde fashion it was an exciting finish which makes me happy enough.
Game over, biiiiiiiiitch

heh yeah, but to be fair the white sox had the tying run at bat for multiple outs and made it an exciting finish, mostly with Valverde's help but still.

TheNatural

My Member!
VOTTO SAVES THE GAME SINGLE HANDEDLY.

We're so lucky to not be 1-9 right now with this shitty performance. The 200 million dollar man saves the day though.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
oh man, the astros' manager is so dumb

Edit: Watching the Mariners and A's play each other is like watching two 4 year olds flail at each other, as one of them is crying softly and the other has their pants around their ankles and mud on their face.

Good series for the Braves. Great pitching over the last couple of games. Hopefully we can avoid a Mest sweep again.

edit: Except for Durbin on the pitching. But I didn't even care, cause big lead. I'm surprised we didn't get Kimbrel at the end there! Venters and Kimbrel in 4 straight games. No closer. Seems like poor planning.

Redux

Banned
Bullpen mafia better step it up going into Seattle. Otherwise, like what I saw today.. on the hitting end for the Tribe.

rekameohs

Banned
The Dbacks are going to give me a hernia with all of these close games. They have no idea what a blowout is - they always come back from big deficits, but they always blow big leads.

But! A win is a win, and 6-3 going into a 10 game homestand is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom